Thursday, October 1, 2009

Growing Up Way Too Fast

For those of you who know me, know that I've said to my sisters-in-law: "Stop letting your kids grow up, keep 'em small" and "I'm not going to let Kyler grow up fast"....well I'm coming to realize that there are some things you just can't control.

Kyler from the day he was born has held his own head with a slight bobble here or there. Well, last night my husband and I were watching Kyler play on his Baby Einstein tummy time play mat when he started getting a little cranky. So I sat him up in a sitting position and barely held my hand against his back for support while he played. My husband remembered that we had gotten a Bumbo from our nephew who outgrew it and went to the closet to pull it out. We decided, we'll give this a shot, if anything, he'll be too small for it and we'll try it again at a later date. Well...he sat in it, holding his own head, and played for a good 10 minutes before he worked up an appetite and decided dinner sounded better than playing.
He was chillin'
He was "talking" to the monkeys
Mommy was trying to get his attention and it worked!


On an older note; 4 days before Kyler turned a month old, he rolled over from his stomach to his back. It took me by surprise when it happened the first time, so I placed him back on his stomach and sure enough he did it again without any effort. He then did it again for his Gramma that following Saturday as I was running down the hall to get the video camera. Of coarse he was camera shy and wouldn't do it again until a few days later and I was ready with camera in hand. He gets a little fussy, but then he flips over. When watching the video, it takes a few minutes, so just hang in there.



Since then he scoots while on his tummy and he has now started standing. His little legs shimmied and shook the first few times, but now he does it without the shaking and he's so proud of himself. All he needs is just a little support of your hands under his arms and he'll stand with a smile. Keeping in mind, he's only 2 months old.

While Grandma and Grandpa K. were visiting last week, they watched him pick up his pacifier and put it in his mouth, twice. I personally haven't seen him do this yet, but he does work his hands a lot and he loves to lick and explore his hands with his mouth. At this point he prefers to lick (not suck) on his hands, which I say looks like he's licking a lollipop. He's not a big fan of the pacifier..just takes it when he goes down for nap time for a few quick sucks then he will take it out and chunk it across the crib, bed, room. I even found it once in the back hatch of my SUV. He loves to smile and giggle, especially at ceiling fans. Not sure why, but every one of them are funny to him. Maybe watching them makes him feel like he's on a roller coaster or something. But I love it when he laughs and smiles, his face lights up which in return is contagious and makes you do it. We are very blessed to have such a smart, happy boy.

2 comments:

  1. Are you really surprised by his advanced skills? I mean, after all our children are slightly superior to the average child :) KIDDING!! Kind of :) I'm so proud of my favorite Florida nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does take after his cousins with their advanced skills..must be good genes we gave them ;-D

    ReplyDelete