Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Highlights: Week 8

Ok, so I'm only going off our Estimated Preggers Time right now..until next week when the ultrasound confirms exactly how far we are.

Highlights of Week 8 for Fetal Development:
An ultrasound done at this stage should show a fluttering heartbeat. Elbows begin to form in the arms and fingers start to develop. The leg buds begin to show feet with tiny notches for the toes. The face continues to change as the ears, eyes and the tip of the nose appear. The intestines start to form in the umbilical cord. Teeth develop under the gums.

Maternal Changes:
Your uterus is the size of an orange now, (OR WATERMELON for me..HA!!) and you may find your waistline expanding (oh..not much at all.. Yeah Right!). If this is your first pregnancy, you're probably not showing (good thing this is my 2nd or I'd think I was having an elephant). If it's not your first, you may have a "pooch" already ("pooch" umm nice way to put it). You will tend to show earlier in subsequent pregnancies since your muscles and ligaments aren't so tight.

You may be feeling like a teenager if you find yourself with pimples (just slightly, not like I was with Kyler thus far) and other skin problems (severely dry skin). Don't fret ~ pregnancy causes an increase in oil secretions not to mention those rampant hormones (oh Chris LOVES these hormones) HA! Your break-outs will go away either after the first trimester as your hormones level off or after delivery.

Multiples: (excuse me?!) Your breasts are probably very tender and swollen,and your tummy is probably starting to "pooch out," particularly if you've been pregnant before. (uh-oh got both of these...please don't be multiples)


Big Brother's Development:
Well.. funny you should ask. Mr. Kyler has "developed" morning sickness. He first makes sure that Mommy is "o-tay" and rubs my back while I'm sick. He is there to watch every move and comfort me. It's really sweet. But as soon as I am "better"; he becomes "sick". He has the noise down pat and spits into the toilet. Once he is done being "sick" he takes the toilet paper and wipes the seat (just like Mommy) and flushes. Then he turns and says "I o-tay Momma".

What a HOT MESS!!

Sorry ...still no pictures ;-( I'm working on it. I will schedule the cable guy to come fix my computer at home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment