Saturday, February 25, 2012

29 Weeks


Sorry this is running a couple of days behind, however, I have been at home sick with this "wonderful" head cold and also dealing with Lil Man who has been battling fever and Strep Throat. I'm back at work today and even though it feels good to be out of the house, I'm tired, drained, have no strength and my throat and ears are still killing me. But enough about that!


Poor lil Boo Bear with his fever:



We hit Week 29!!! This means just 10 weeks to go for our lil miracle #2 will be joining our family. SO exciting. Just last night we finished washing some of his bedding stuff and Daddy put together his bassinet. Of coarse Big Brudder had to test it out to make sure that Daddy put it back together just right.

Fetal Development: (and Mommy's comments):

The baby's head is in proportion to the rest of the body. Fat continues to accumulate under the skin. The brain can control primitive breathing and body temperature control, and the eyes can move in the sockets. The baby is becoming sensitive to light, sound, taste and smell. Now, I wonder how experts know a baby can smell in utero? (as a comment to him being able to hear; every- single- time our puppy barks, Kolton jumps. It is the funniest thing)


Maternal Changes: (and Mommy's comments):
Do you feel like you've been pregnant forever? (YES ~ and larger than a Rhino) Are those
discomforts of pregnancy getting to you? This is the time when itchy skin, shortness of breath (try being sick on top of it; I'm surprised I can breathe at all), hemorrhoids, leg cramps, heartburn (this will be one hairy kiddo, if old wives tales are correct) and indigestion and achy muscles takes a toll (hear hear! my poor back and sciatica nerve). What do you do? Remember that these annoyances are temporary (and can't wait, soon it'll be over and I'll have the joys of my handsome lil guy in my arms).


In just 2 weeks, it'll be my baby shower and then next event will be bringing the lil guy home! Kyler is getting excited and telling everyone he sees about his "Baby Brudder Tolton". He's been playing Monster Trucks with him lately too. I LOVE it and just hope the love continues and that he'll be really excited and welcoming to him.



Kyler playing Monster Trucks with Kolton:


This is a little blurry, as he was in movement, but at least he was feeling better for a short while. He was wearing Daddy's boots:

No comments:

Post a Comment