Sunday, August 26, 2012

Marry Me Mommy!

As we've been preparing for the impact of TS / Hurricane Isaac...I loaded the boys up to go get some supplies.  As we were leaving, Kyler saw this truck and HAD to ride it...


















When he got off of it, he saw the wall of "bubble gum" machines.  He has always wanted a ring since Mommy and Daddy have them.  He saw one machine that had rings in it.  They were PACKED full of glittery pink, purple and red rings with just a few boys rings.  I gave him the quarter and as we're turning the dial, I'm hoping for a boy ring to drop.  As we pull out the small plastic cup and flip it over, his eyes lit up! Kyler turned to me and said "Marry Mommy Me".  It was so sweet.




Before we went shopping we stopped at Bob Evans for a special treat of me and my boys.  Kyler is growing up so much and wanting to learn so many things (which I love). But one of those includes wanting to use a knife to cut his own food.  Since it's a butter knife and he knows that you have to keep the teeth of the knife down, I decided to let him try it on his own.  The older couple at the table next to us were really impressed at his behavior and how great he was with the knife.  I received several compliments from them which made me a proud mommy.  He even buttered his own pancakes too. 

Another big boy with his meal!  Kolton (very briefly) held his own bottle!  As much as I don't want him to grow up.. him holding his own bottle would be awesome for when we are in the car.

Kyler playing with his trains. He doesn't want his picture taken, but I snap a shot anyways.

MasterChef Kyler helping me prepare dinner. Yes, he's in his PJs as we just finished breakfast and were getting dinner ready to go in the crock. He's taking the seeds out of the bell peppers:

Mixing the ground turkey and all of the ingredients together. 

Set it and forget it ~ I LOVE these type of meals. I poured Marinara sauce over it and left it to cook for several hours. It was de-lish!

Since my big boys are growing super fast. I was going through the next size clothes bins and happened to run across the hat and gloves Kyler wore for his first snow trip to Chicago when he was 4 months old.  I decided to try them on Kolton just for fun.  He's ready for his snow trip. HA!

"But Mommy, I can't chew on my fingers like this!"

One. Sweaty. Boy. (with cookies on his mouth). He went outside to "help" Daddy prepare for the impending hurricane by putting up shutters. 

I LOVE that even though this big guy is cutting 4 teeth (yes at 3 months old.. 2 top; 2 bottom)..and has been fighting a horrible snotty nose and cold... he still wakes up a happy happy boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment