Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Big 5..

Mr. Kolton..today you are the big 5 months old!  Where is the time going?! 


~look at that "red" hair!
















Just this morning I had you laying propped against my pillow and you were not having it, you kept pulling yourself up into a seated position..although you would tumble over a few seconds later. But none the less, you were not giving up!
~pulling yourself up:

~holding on for a few seconds...and falling over:
















You LOVE to blow raspberries, especially when you first wake up.  Actually that's how I know you're awake since you don't cry (unless you're not feeling well).  It's so cute to hear out of the blue you blowing raspberries.  You have also started saying "Mommmm-a".  At first I thought it was a fluke that you were saying it.. but several other people have heard it and said "wow, that's early". So even if it is a fluke, I'm running with it and taking Mommmm-a as your first word  ;-D  (I'm Mommmm-a, I have the right!)

You LOVE your big brother.  He tries so hard to play with you but doesn't understand you are so small compared to him and he gets rough with you which we're there to monitor him but no matter if we get onto him because we think he's too rough and will hurt you, you're all smiles with him.  I can see the near future when you're mobile and the two of you tearing up the house together.  I see him driving you around in his truck and helping push you down the slide and I see you guys older rough housing... I see Best Friends.

~"Bubba I want your drink"!:
















This past month has been a little tough on you.  You started out with getting Thrush due to me nursing you and I was on a Z-pack which gave you Thrush.. very painful for us both might I add.  Then you got an ear infection where the doctor put you on meds and that doubled the Thrush.  Then you developed the croup, pink eye, a stomach virus and got an infection in the other ear. I took you to the emergency room last Friday. Now you have such horrible thrush from all the meds you're having troubles eating.  Daddy took you to the Dr this morning to try and get your something to help.

You're cutting 4 teeth.. two top, two bottom. Looks like the bottom two are ready to start breaking skin shortly!  You have been eating green beans, rice cereal and oatmeal.  You LOVE the green beans.  I am going shopping to get you some carrots next to see how you are with that. You are always taking the spoon from me because I'm not fast enough feeding you.

~chewing on your foot as I'm trying to change you:


















The girls at your daycare LOVE you! They always get so excited when I bring you in and fight to see who is going to get you.  They love that you "talk" to them and are always so happy.

~~~
I had recently joined Pinterest.  BIG MISTAKE!!! SO many Good ideas!! Hahaha  We have been playing with several arts / crafts ideas we saw and wanted to recreate.  Then, I saw Mini Peach Cobblers.. oh that sounded so de-lish.  So last night Kyler and I broke out the cupcake tins and got started. 

Kyler adding the peaches to our batter:

Then you top with Cinnamon and brown sugar (which we didn't have brown sugar.. so left that off just to see if it would work without):

We let it cool completely then topped with vanilla ice cream.. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM is all I can say. Turned out De-Lish!!

Kyler playing with his Monster Trucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment