Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Gone Fishin'

Kolton is loving this eating business.  I love the look on his face on this one.. like he's saying "oohh yeah, bring that this way..and hurry up"!

So much,that if you aren't quick enough, he will take the spoon from you to do it himself!

Friday morning both boys were asleep, so I jumped in the shower to get ready for work.  As I'm drying off I hear giggling and squealing. Of coarse I'm smiling before I even know what I'm about to find. I walk around the corner and found this:

Kyler was digging in my purse and found my headset for work and he wanted to wear it:
















Kolton hasn't been feeling well and has had a stomach virus since Wednesday.  Friday afternoon I got a phone call from daycare saying that it appears Kolton has pink eye and I need to come get him. Upon arrival I immediately agreed.. he had it.  Friday night, not only was he vomiting and had the pink eye, but then started breathing funny.  It scared me so off to the ER we went.

I knew it was going to be a long night, so I stopped by McDonalds and got a coffee and an Unsweet Tea.  Here we are waiting in the lobby..for not even 5 minutes. They were awesome!

















When we wheeled in the back, not one head didn't turn and gander his way. We had several nurses follow us into the room so they could get some baby snuggle time too.  This seahorse was on the wall in his room and he was fascinated with it:

















My Mom and Grandma conjured up a first fishing trip for Kyler.  He's been SO excited and talking about it for weeks.  He would tell everyone that he is going on "the big boat" and fishing.

We went to Ponce de Leon Park and Kyler found a "pirate" he just had to stand by. He wanted Momma in on the picture with him:

I wanted one with him and he's telling me "don't stand there Mommy, be careful, no hurt you":

Kallista wanted to hold Kolton.  He and I had left the ER at 3 that morning and I was dead beat tired. But I couldn't let Kyler down on his fishing trip that he'd be SO excited about.

Grandma Great getting her share in before he and I left.  My Mom said she'd keep Kyler that night for me so that Kolton and I could get some rest.  So I packed his bag and off we went to visit for a little bit before Kolton and I returned home.

Here's a Seminole holding a Gator:

Kyler's first fishing trip.. and by boat even. He was SO excited but when it came time to get on the boat, he wanted to go home! He was NOT having it.  So Momma got on it and I threw him in it and wouldn't you know.. that ended up being one happy boy!

Matthew driving Mom and Kyler on "the big boat". This boat has a lot of meaning as when we were kids not much bigger than Kyler, we would all play on this boat in the back of my Grandparents yard. We would pretend to drive it and catch BIG fish in the grass. They were good times.

Kallista holding Kolton while I loaded Kyler in the boat:

Kolton tired from the night before and it was HOT out.  But being a good Mommy, I had to wait until Kyler returned from his boating trip before I left.  I know that he was in Great hands.. but it's a Mommy thing to make sure your baby boy is back. 

My poor big guy:

Gramma and her boys:

Kolton finally fell asleep and was resting well.  He was even sucking on his pointer finger which was too cute.  We'll break that habit but if it helped him sleep after not having much sleep the past few nights, I'll let it slide for now.  I have a better picture of it on my camera that I will download and post:
Kolton last week playing while I was getting ready. He's so wanting to crawl and take off.



No comments:

Post a Comment