Sunday, September 26, 2010

Imagining the Imaginarium

Today was our first day in a few weeks of just Kyler, Daddy and me and we were supposed to go to the beach. However, Kyler and I have been sporting this cold for the past 2 weeks, so I wasn't ready to hit the water yet. Maybe if I shake this bad cough we can have a little water time before it gets cold..oh wait, it's FL..does it 'get cold' here? HA!

My Big Boy walking into the Imaginarium (sportin' his Dolphins--which we're watching as I write this post):


Anyways, we had heard some great reviews of the Imaginarium so we headed over. It was not want I had imagined. First of all..it was HOT! The neatest thing was the aquarium (or for me it was).

When we first walked in we were greeted by some really neat stingrays and horseshoe crabs and some type of shark that never came out of hiding. But some kids got to feed the stingrays and the one was possessive and wanted ALL the food. He was coming out of the water and splashing and Kyler got a big kick out of him.

I love this picture..for some reason every time I look at it I don't see Kyler or Chris, I see the blond chick checking Chris out..HaHaHa!:


The gray stingray was the aggressive one:


These two crack me up:
Hands in the water....


Horseshoe crab coming...hands out of the water:


Kyler really liked the snapping turtle:


The turtle:


Ms. Donnie, this one is for you..a Bufo Toad. Isn't he HUGE?:


Kyler wasn't sure about the big gator behind Daddy:


But he was ok with this one:


He also liked looking at the iguana; millipedes; the tarantula; and the Bird. They had a really beautiful bird there, not sure what it was called (I forget) but he was orange and yellow and green and just very vibrant colors.

Oh and the nurse shark was pretty neat:


We tried to watch a 3D movie they had, but ah-hemm someone was NOT having it. I even tried putting my glasses on him so he could see the turtle swimming right at us, but yeah, wasn't happening. So that holds my thought of him being a little young yet for a movie.

So we headed into what Kyler thought was the neatest thing.......

I think if we would have let him..we would have spent the entire afternoon staring at this 'floating' ball. The big blue thing is or contains an air compressor and the nozzle shoots hi powered air up and keeps the ball in the air.. (ok, why am I telling you this? I'm sure you got that just by looking at the picture.HA!)




That's funny, in the last picture he still looked "baby-ish" and in this next picture he looks like a big boy.

He found a beach ball he wanted to try out;




Then while it was actually raining outside..we headed upstairs for some bad weather for ourselves:



Chris and Kyler were giving the weather forecast:


Off to play in some clouds..he liked this too:


And since it was sooo hot, we went into the Hurricane Maker machine to "cool off". It was like sitting in front of a fan. (it was cooler outside than it was in there)

On our way home we stopped by and had some cousin, Aunt, Uncle time.

No no no Kyler; you put the wrong cousin in the box:


It's not this one we want to ship away, "N" is good...


~~But THIS ONE... "Z" is being traded in for a new nephew.....


~~ He told me tonight: "Aunt Sheri, I've decided that I am going to be a Seminole..not a Gator"..WHAT?!!! Ohhh is it on now. ;-D That's ok "Z"...I still love you (but not for the next 5 minutes)....

No comments:

Post a Comment