Monday, October 4, 2010

Playing Fort at the Beach....

Last week daycare was closed. Congratulations Ms. Donna for gaining another daughter! Her youngest son got married..in VEGAS ba-by!

So while Ms. Donna was off in Vegas playing; Kyler and I had a great week of Mommy / Son time playing at the baseball field, riding bikes, chasing birds, playing ball. We even met up with some family a Fort DeSoto park in Pinellas County...Beautiful beach. The water was cold at first but once we got use to it, it was nice. We got to see lots of "critters" in the water. At the end of the pier, there were a school of dolphins capturing the fish that the fishermen were trying to catch. And we saw 2 HUGE manatees. Although they looked like walrus' with their split webbed "feet"; I know that they had to be manatees, as we don't have walrus' in our waters. Anyways, they weren't that far from us which was exciting and scary all in the same.

These pictures are probably going to be out of order, but I'll try to at least keep them in the same category. Ha!

Here is Kyler "sprinting" on the ball field the 2nd day we went. Yes, I know he's wearing the same outfit as the first day. But that's because he got some clay on it the first day that didn't wash out, so I decided why "ruin" another outfit:


He might be a pitcher! Him playing on the pitchers mound:




Playing football on a baseball field!:


He's coming in for the homestretch....running so the opponent wont get him..HA!:


Trying to get the audience to give his team a cheer! He's learning everything now so he'll know what to do when he gets to play:


Break Time:


Kyler and His ball:


And since we were kicked off the field by the maintenance guy as "they just raked the field" (for Saturday's game when it was Wednesday)...not to mention the afternoon rains would ruin the rake job...anyways, we left.

I love the look on his face in this picture.. like ok, I'm ready to get on with the bike ride already!:


Kyler and Kady having a stare down before she kissed him:


Kyler loves pulling things behind him and he so badly wanted to pull this wagon which the handle was too small / short. So I tied a shoestring to the handle to help him out and he is one happy boy now:




Notice the horse in his hand..he now totes that EVERYWHERE and is learning to say horse. He gets mixed up sometimes and says MOOOO (for his cow):


Oh how handsome!:


On Thursday, I had some errands to run, so we stopped by Chick-Fil-A so he could play after a quick bite to eat.

My lil monkey swinging on the bars:


He just got done climbing down from the top step. He was learning to climb up and down the steps:


Mighty big cup he has.. Oh and after he drinks now, he lets out an "Ahhh" it's too cute!:


After lunch, we stopped by the pet store and got him 4 new fishies for his tank. (since the first ones didn't like our tank so much). These ones (don't know what kind) the guy said are 'hearty' and should do just fine:


Kyler and Kady were playing ball in Gramma's backyard. Kyler got so excited "throwing" the ball for Kady to go get and really liked it when Daddy or I would throw it for her to go get.

Kyler giving Kady the ball, she just didn't understand to take it:


Kyler was barking like Kady was,,too cute!:




Him loving on his Kady giving her some pats:




Close up:


Check her out running:


I love her stance in this picture just waiting for Chris to throw the ball:


We then went to the front yard as I needed to move my van out of Papa Pat's place. So Kyler helped me.

Kyler "driving":


And yes, he even knew where the gear shift was. Thankfully, I didn't have my foot on the break or he would have pulled it out of Park and into gear:


We moved it just in time as Papa Pat pulled up! Kyler ran over to him to have him throw him up in the air.. a thing they do when they see each other:


And in the air!! He gets a BIG kick out of this:


Then he found a broom!:


We were given this "snowbird" outfit and thought it would be cute to see him in it. Oddly it fit him, but he wouldn't be able to walk in it.
~~~Aunt Dawn!...I'm ready for some snow!!:


Here is our adventures at Fort DeSoto:
Check out those stairs. They weren't all the bad to climb:


My lil man sitting like a big boy on his daddy's shoulders. His first time and he liked it!:


Ky and Gramma:


In these long rooms they had pictures from DeSoto's time and they were really neat to look at:


I would take this home:


Check out the price and square footage for that home. Wow!:


Here are some of the cannons they placed in this natural setting:




We took a buggy ride..this thing was so neat! Two people would peddle like a bike, but the one on the left got to stear it.


Kyler had a great spot. The only thing I would have done differently was make the shade a little longer to cover his spot.:


~And off to the beautiful beach. The sand was great on your feet, no shells, no grass, just nice soft sand:


Kyler getting in as I was blowing up his raft (he wasn't waiting):


And after we got home last night; Daddy washed the love bugs off my van and Kyler and I took advantage of the great weather.

We first went out back to play on the swingset and have a popsicle and play with Kady:


Then went out front to check on Daddy and ended up taking a walk in the wagon and eat Another popsicle on the wagon ride:


I know I've said it before, but I'm still hoping to hit the lottery so I can be a stay-at-home Mommy and find other things to explore and learn with my son. We had a great week and I am back at work today, missing my little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment