Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday I picked Kyler up from daycare early to spend some Mommy / Me time. But he was just waking up when I got there and was CRABBY PATTY. Since he is all about balls and has a bunch of footballs that he can't grip just yet and small balls that just bounce, I decided it would be fun to get him a big ball to play with. So we went to Target and got him one.

We didn't stay long at the park, maybe 45 minutes, as when we first got there a few older boys were playing soccer and Kyler thought he needed to be in the middle of them playing. One boy came over and said "ma'am, I don't want to be rude or anything, but you might want to move him as we are playing soccer and I don't want him to get hit with the ball"...we'll no sooner than he got that out of his mouth, Kyelr got hit. The boy was so sweet and kept apologizing, but I assured him it wasn't his fault and that Kyler was ok and not to worry. It was really sweet and I was very impressed with his manners. I even looked for a parent to go tell them of how impressed I was, but couldn't find one that looked like they belonged to this child. Kyler was fine, but he REALLY wanted to play with the big boys and couldn't understand why I wouldn't let him over there. So he kicked and screamed bloody murder when I finally had to pick him up and carry him over to the other side of the park.

This ball is just a tad bit bigger than him, but he LOVES it!:


Yes, while we were at the park, he even swung while holding it!:


After the park, we drove by a Pumpkin Patch near our house and let Kyler pick up some pumpkins. The very first big one that he walked to, he tried to pick up. It was way too cute and I wish I had my camera or phone with me at that time, but I left them both in the car. So I went to grab my camera and got a few after shots. He didn't want to look at any other pumpkin, he just wanted that first one.

So I picked it up and gave it to the guy and said we'll take that one. I also found a box that had 2 different types of small pumpkins. Well Mr. Kyler thought he needed one of both--duh Mom, I have two hands and need one for each. HA! So we got them too.

Kyler in the pumpkin patch with his two smaller pumpkins..he looks soo tall here:


Such a big boy, helping Mommy by carrying his pumpkins to the car...still not a happy face:


Maybe I should carve this "pouty face" on the big pumpkin:


At home, we put the big pumpkin at our front door in the pot where I killed my beautiful flowers. I am soo not a green thumb:


Once we were home, Kyler thought he'd try to play a little "reverse golf--maybe"? Short club, big ball... HA!


My little monkey...monkeying around!:


After playing for a while, he worked up an appetite and went to the refrigerator and gave me this look...the Hungry Face, I'm guessing! HA:


This is the... "GIVE ME SOME" face:


And the awe... "chipmunk happy that I finally have food" face! He has a mouthful of grapes here:


So after making him a plate full of fresh fruit and cutting it up..we headed to the table for a snack:


Kyler IS his Mommy's boy.. trying to eat a pumpkin anyway he can get it! HA!:


My boy knows a pumpkin makes good stuff!:


I think he may have just ate a pineapple in the fruit bowl I made for him but this face is too cute!:


After his snack, he was all into helping me cook again. He knows where the pots are and helped himself to his pot and tried taking my spoon out of my hand, so I gave him another one. This time, I put some Mozzarella shredded cheese in his pot to "cook" and man did that make one happy little boy.

Chef Kyler:


We had some "sketti" for dinner:


Kyler was shoveling it in!:


Ok, sooo, not sure just how much he ate! HA!:


Kyler loves being silly with the paper towel roll. He plays Peek-a-boo and looks through it and also "blows a horn or trumpet" through it too which is what he is doing here:


After dinner and a bath, Kyler helped me put goodie treats together for his buddies at daycare. We love doing a little something together for each of the kids for all the holidays. He loves making them and it makes his buddies happy. I LOVE the dollar section of Target!

All 6 kids got something. The two younger kids got a Halloween bib and a rattle toy since they can't eat anything yet:


The bigger kids (including Kyler) got a packet of pretzels, a packet of goldfish crackers and a packet of Teddy Grahams, a Halloween straw, a small container of bubbles and a kaleidoscope for fun!:


I hope that you all have a safe and Happy Halloween.....stay tuned for pictures of our exciting weekend coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment