Saturday, June 18, 2011

23 Months Old and a Citrus Convention!

That's right! This Mr. Handsome chocolaty face is 23 Months Old!:


Don't you just want to kiss that face?!

Oh man, I can't believe that I have just sent out the invitations to his 2nd birthday party! That's right..invites went out. I was first planning an Elmo party since he's ALL about "Melmo"...but here lately he has been showing some interest in CARS. So Chris and I took him to the party store and held out Elmo and Cars (one in each hand) and when he saw Elmo, he SCREAMED MELMO! So Melmo it is!

This weekend Kyler and I met up with my Mom and my brother, sister-in-law and niece and nephew for our yearly trip to the Citrus Convention. My sister-in-law's company hosts the convention and she has to work the whole weekend; my brother attends meetings and group gatherings. So my Mom and I go down and watch the kids. We HAVE to play in the pool, eat crazy priced but yummy food ($70 for 3 hot dogs w/french fries and a drink; a wrap and a salad with 2 teas).. oh yeah. But we wouldn't trade it for anything. Just getting to spend time with my niece and nephew and Kyler and his cousins bonding is all worth it. Them going down the water slides; the lazy river; playing water games.. it's really a great time.

When Kyler and I first got to the hotel, Chris had met us in the parking lot. He was coming over for dinner with the gang and met us right after work. We walked into the room and he was NOT happy. I'm guessing with the white coat of the bell hop and the setting he might have thought we were back at another (fancy) hospital. I sat him on the bed and put on "Melmo" to calm him down while we settled in waiting on the rest of the gang to arrive.

Watching "Melmo":


The next morning, two sweet handsome wild boys bombarded Gramma, then wanted to wrestle on top of her:


My nephew doesn't know the meaning of vacation and sleeping in.. HA! Kyler wasn't so sure of it either...but didn't take long and we were off to hit the pools!

Next few pictures are of the different days swimming or getting ready to swim:












I didn't get to take very many pictures. We had 3 kids that were in 3 different directions and keeping up with a camera was NOT happening. Kyler was ALL about the boat you see him in and he would get it rocking to where it was making waves and he had that ALL over the pool. He didn't want us following him to make sure he was good either. He wanted to be Mr. Bigstuff. He got out of it a few times and would jump in the pool. At one time, Cagen and Kyler would jump one RIGHT after the other..we definitely had to be on our toes with those two. Kyler LOVED the water slide. Oh-my-gooshness, I thought I would NEVER get him out of it. When he sat down at the top of the slide, it would shoot water in his face and he LOVED that! Even when they turned the water off, he didn't let it stop him, he was still going down it. A couple of times I "let" him go under water. He came up catching his breath and went right back to it.

The boys were ALL about trains when we were in our room:




On our last day, the kids got a free ice cream. The place we had lunch at took FOREVER getting us our bill. Mom took off to the pool with the kids while I waited about 15-20 minutes before finding the manager..(I mean for 3 dogs with french fries and a drink each plus a sandwich (spilt) and two side salads with two teas for $65), I would have thought they would want their money! So anyways, the manager came and found us at the pool and offered the kids free ice cream. At the time that sounded like a great plan..until.....





Needless to say, it was more of a mess that than not. But they enjoyed it. After they were all cleaned up, the boys took off to help Gramma get some ice for the ice chest....

how cute are they?!:


Don't you just want to eat them up?!


These two boys are so funny together. They wrestle and bump heads and laugh and carry on together so well. Cagen does things that I sit back and wonder why Kyler isn't doing this yet or doing that and then I have to remember, Cagen is also 9 months older than Kyler. They are going to be the best of buds (cousins) growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment