Thursday, June 2, 2011

1st Grade Graduation

Today, Kyler and I attended my nephew Nicholas' 1st Grade Graduation. I can't believe it's that time already. Seems like just yesterday we were sitting in the hospital room waiting on a delivery watching American Choppers Marathon. Wow.

I will have more pictures to post later. I didn't get to download them like I had planned. I had to go take a nap as I was called into work.

Nicholas was So excited to see his cousin. It was a surprise to him that we were there. He received 4 awards!! Not all the kids received any. I am very proud of him.

Kyler was a big hit with the class and even got to go back to Nicholas' classroom. He took Nicholas' hand and walked down the hall (in line) with him and all the kids were petting him. It was too cute and made me flash forward a few years of him being in 1st grade.. UGH! Be still my heart...don't rush it.

The kids kept asking Nicholas if Kyler was his brother because they looked so much alike. They also said that they had the same hair. LOL it was too cute.. Kyler did look like a "mini-me" to Nicholas.

Once in Nicholas' classroom, we got to see a short video of a bat. We had about 20 minutes to kill after the award ceremony before lunch. We were invited to stay and have lunch with them.

We lined back up and headed back to the cafeteria. There was one little girl (don't know her name) that was ALL about Kyler. She was "waiting" for us to come into the line. She had a plate and plastic ware already in hand for him...and then brought Sherry and I one each. It was his kind of eating too.. chicken nuggets and a "bapple". Sherry and I got to eat the teachers lunch which was chicken fajitas. It was pretty good (for cafeteria food) but the little girl was ALL about what was on our plates and kept wanting to touch the food. Yeah, made for a not so settling lunch. HA!

I did get one picture on my phone during lunch. Kyler's first cafeteria experience:


Monday is Zachary's graduation. I'll be posting details for his big day as well. And not because I don't love her (cause I do to pieces) but my niece BBug had her graduation a couple of weeks ago. I sadly had to miss out on her big day because I had to work and don't have any time in for leave. But I am Very proud of her (all of them). BBug was the "valedictorian" (if you will) of her class.

Here is a picture of her with her brother, Buddy Roe, Daddy (my brother), Gramma (my Mom) and Grandma Great (my Grandma):


And just because... here is Kyler in his new JD Tractor shirt from Gramma and Papa Pat. His other cousin Buddy Roe has a matching one. Can't wait to see the handsome boys together in them:


**the remainder of today's pictures will follow hopefully tomorrow**

No comments:

Post a Comment