Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

As some of you already know, I have officially been placed on bed rest until Mr. Kolton joins our family. We have been pushed back from the 13th until ?? But we're all hoping for the 20th. I have started having contractions ...or "spikes" as the OB Triage nurse called them. But nothing active yet. I'm ready but Kolton is not fully developed yet. So we're hanging in there.
This Saturday, Chris and I took Kyler to our local Kiwanis's Club for their annual Easter Egg Hunt. My SIL Sherry and nephews Zachary and Nicholas along with my Mom and Grandma all met up there.
Kyler was all about the Easter Bunny (just as long as it's not Santa Claus):

I found a bench and while we were waiting on the festivities to begin and the rest of the family to arrive; I held the bench down.
Me and my boys:

Daddy, Kyler, Mommy (and Kolton).. (yes, that huge mug I'm carrying is full of water):

Zachary, Kyler and Nicholas (he wasn't crying but was having issues with the sun):

Zachary, Sherry and Nicholas:

Zachary and Kyler (he sure loves his big cousin):

Kyler doing the cake walk:

Nicholas joining in:

Zachary being a great big cousin and helping Kyler out:

Kyler won a plate of goodies!:

Aunt Sherry joining in for a cookie plate:

Aunt Sherry doing the Bunny Hop which is what the lady kept asking us to do..umm I sat that one out!:

All 3 boys won a goodie plate:

Kyler's age group getting ready to find the 'hidden' Easter Eggs.. not sure if they will locate them, they were hidden SO WELL. HA~:

It was CRAZY and Kyler needed Daddy to help him so he wouldn't get trampled on:


"Momma" got there right as it started and took over Daddy's spot and helped Kyler. He was so happy. He (all the kids) won a book and a stuffed animal that he's showing off here:

Afterwards; we came home and dyed Easter Eggs.. actually Gramma and Kyler did, Grandma Great and I supervised:

Kyler checking the colors out:

Pulling up the egg that had his name on it:

Momma and Kyler putting stickers on the eggs:

Going over the colors of each eggs:

I LOVE this picture of Kyler and his Momma!:

Grandma Great and Momma hid some eggs for Kyler to find. I LOVE the look on his face each time he found them:

Don't know about you but looks like one Happy boy to me!:


After two egg hunts, we went inside and started to make deviled eggs. Kyler started off helping but decided he just wanted to eat the eggs.. HA:

The group for pre-Easter dinner (we did it Saturday).. I cut Nicholas' head off and Kyler and Chris weren't looking..yes that's 9 people at my table:

Here's another shot from the other side showing Zachary and Kyler being silly boys:

Sunday morning we woke up and discovered the Easter Bunny had arrived at our house (the yellow box facing away from us is a huge chocolate bunny); the big red basket was full of CARS stuff: a Lightening McQueen water squirter, Lightening McQueen Frisbee, a race track, Mater sidewalk chalk..etc:

We ate breakfast and got ready for church. After church we picked Kyler up from the daycare center and they ranted and raved over how well he was behaved, he was the only one that didn't cry and they said he even shared his toys with the other kids to try and calm them down. They Thanked us for letting him come in and asked that we bring him back as he was such a joy to them. I also got a high five from one of the teachers for him being in big boy under ware!
When we got home he wanted to have lunch on his new table:

No comments:

Post a Comment