Friday, August 27, 2010

Visit with Grandpa Great

Since my Grandpa has been admitted into a nursing home and hasn't been doing well, I decided that I needed to take Kyler to see his Great Grandpa. For who knows if it was going to be the last time.

I know that Kyler nor Grandpa would even know that either were there.. or so I thought! But it was important for me that two important men in my life get to see one another and it was I guess a part of "closure" for me.

When we first arrived and saw Grandpa and some other residents in the living room watching TV, we went straight to him. Kyler lit up like he recognized him and that made me feel good. Grandpa at first seemed to "not be there" but after a few minutes of me talking to him telling him that Kyler and I were there and we brought him some french fries (he loves french fries), he started talking about "the boy". That's what Grandpa calls him and Buddy Roe.."That boy" as he can't remember names. And then he was reaching his hand out, so I asked him what he was trying to do and he said "hand". So I asked him, do you want Kyler's hand and he nodded yes.

So then I snapped this sweet picture. It's me helping hold Kyler's hand with his Great Grandpa's:


Most of the other residents that were in the living room with us, were in awe over Kyler and it helped brighten their day as well to see him. He went over and was giving them hi-fives and I'm not sure who was more excited him or them.

Here is Grandpa:


And here are two of Grandpa with his Great Grandson Kyler:




And as we were walking Grandpa back to his room, here is Kyler dancing in the hallway:


Later that day, I was visiting with Grandma and she told me that Grandpa was trying to tell her that we were there to see him. Or so that's what she thinks he was trying to tell her. He mentioned "that boy" and some mumbles. So I think it was a great visit.

My Grandma has thrown her back out and if she doesn't get to feeling better soon, I'm going to have to get the "bull gator" after her! (inside family joke)

No comments:

Post a Comment