Monday, December 13, 2010

Workin' for the Weekend

This weekend Chris, Kyler and I hosted a yard sale trying to raise some funds to pay bills. Chris still doesn't have a job and yes, we are both still looking for him to get something. Although, he got a call on a possible lead today.. Hoping and praying!

Here is day 2 of the yard sale! We were CRAZY!:


The annoying yard sale customer that WOULD NOT leave NOR would they buy anything. Kyler and Kady both loved her though:


Oh yes, leave it to my son to find the basket of baby bottles:


~~And... he got the top of one off by himself:


I was thankfully able to redirect his attention to something better for him..here he is drawing Mommy a pretty picture:


After the yard sale was done...and the rain quit, we loaded up what we could and took to a 2nd hand kids store. As soon as Kyler walked in, he saw something and I could hear the excitement bursting out of him as I rounded the corner (he and Daddy were ahead of me). He was jumping up and down, squealing and clapping. He then climbed in and out of what he found. Well, Daddy and I had been looking for a toddler bed for Kyler and we've priced a few and have been putting it off until now. The 2nd hand consignment shop cut us a GREAT deal on the toddler bed and well, Kyler got Christmas a couple weeks early....

The second Chris put it up and I put the sheet on it, he JUMPED in:


Look at that smile:


He was soo excited:


Kyler climbing in all by himself:


Playing like he's asleep:


He LOVES it! He knows he's a big boy now:


Climbing out! Of coarse at the highest point of the bed:


He now has to be in jail during the night though..this is just to protect him from getting up in the middle of the night and getting into something and us not hear it until its too late. Better safe than sorry, but he thinks its a game!:


He slept pretty much the whole night. He got up a few times just because it was something new. We left his fish tank light on so he could see in the middle of the night just in case he needed it. We also put a pallet on the floor and some pillows next to it just in case he fell out in the middle of the night. At one point, Chris heard Kyler moving around, so he went into his room and found him laying on the floor in the middle of his room. I wish I would have gotten pictures of that!

And as I was leaving for work today, I snuck down the hall as it was soo quiet in his room while I was getting ready..and I saw this:

No comments:

Post a Comment