Thursday, December 3, 2009

Kyler's 1st Christmas Tree

I decided it was time to put up our Christmas decorations, so Daddy pulled everything down out of the attic so I can decorate today. While he was at work and Kyler was at daycare, I went to town getting things ready and moving this to there and that to here. My back is NOT thanking me right now, but the house looks Great!
I put up the Christmas Tree and now I know why everyone buys a real tree every year. After almost 3 hours of poofing, tugging and trying to fill all the empty holes of a faux tree, I finally got it perfect! I then put the lights on; needless to say they were upside down (the part to plug it in was at the top) and hung the garland (wrapped candy cane style). Just as I was finishing that portion, Chris came home from work and hung the star. He was able to run an extension cord so we didn't have to redo the lights (YEAAAA!).

We didn't hang any ornaments as Kyler had to hang the first one since this is his 1st Christmas. When we brought him home from daycare and he saw the tree, his face light up and he wouldn't stop staring at it. I had troubles feeding him and trying to get him to go to bed as he wanted to stare at the tree. I moved his swing right next to the tree so he and gander at it everyday.



WARNING: This is a HORRID picture of me....but I was working my tale off all day and since we wanted Kyler to put the 1st ornament on, Chris took a picture of it.

He got 2 "Baby's 1st Ornaments" so Kyler and I put one on and then Kyler and Daddy put the other one on.


I tried to capture one of all 3 of us, but Kyler wanted to watch the blinking lights...forget picture!

Don't you just love how the date is covering my face?:

I also put up some other decorations and hung the stockings...this way Santa can find and fill them!! I have a wreath that I am getting on Sunday and I can't wait to see and smell it! And we still need to do the outside, but that will have to wait until the weekend.

There are Christmas runners on both towers under the pictures and then Chris and my stockings.

Our photo table in the entry way with some Christmas decor



Oddly, this picture makes Kyler's pictures on the wall look crooked, but they really aren't. Mr. Snowman on the bottom says 3 different sayings EVERYTIME the lights go on/off. Chris HATES this snowman and I just Love him.


The finished product! With the flash on the camera, you can't see the lights that good, but it's really pretty.



No comments:

Post a Comment