Wednesday, December 23, 2009

None of the Above (below)....

In two previous posts, I couldn't decide if Kyler was having separation anxiety or if his teeth and/or ears were bothering him. Come to find out, it was neither of them.

When I had went in to tend to him the prior two nights, it was extremely quiet in there..with the exception of the Blood Curling Screams. I didn't think about it until late yesterday. Kyler is used to hearing the fans blowing that we have on our night stands. A light bulb went off and I remembered that I had a smaller desk fan in the guest room. So last night, I had placed it in his room and let me tell you that was it!! It was well into the night, almost 2:00am when I woke from a dead sleep thinking Oh No, I was so tired, I didn't hear him cry. Then I realized, he hadn't cried and had been sleeping! He did get up at 4 different times from there, but for the first night of "sleeping" in his own room, I thought that was pretty good!

Every time we went in to tend to him crying, he still was somewhat asleep-eyes were closed, so we just rolled him to his side or back, put the NUK in, pulled the covers up and he was back out. Just that simple.

I have a feeling now that I've developed the "noise issue" that it will get better from here on out!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Smart thinking mom :) I'm glad you were able to figure it out and that he's sleeping better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! It sure was such a better night! No Blood Curling Screams and just little wimpers to a very mild cry when he was 'stirring'. Whew!

    ReplyDelete