Monday, December 14, 2009

Trip to Chicago

****Warning..LOTS of pictures and some Cutest Overload may apply****


Chris and I were invited to bring Kyler to Chicago to meet his cousins, Aunt Dawn and Uncle Bob (Chris' oldest brother) for the first time. It didn't take us long to agree to come and off we were.


Kyler's 1st flight..waiting at RSW to board.
If you looks really close, you can see our plane
in the background.

We left FL at 75-80 degrees weather to a mere 9 degrees in Chicago! Although I have to admit, I was extremely excited about it as I have not "seen" snow.

Where we stayed, Bob and Dawn's house:


Ok, technically, I've "seen" snow, but it wasn't enough to play in and pretty much melted as soon as it hit the ground. I was able to make a really small snow ball but nothing else. So for me THIS was my 1st time really seeing snow and being able to play in it.


One of the 1st buildings I saw and thought it
was so beautiful, so I took a picture of it. It's
a funeral parlor.



So we flew in on Friday morning...surprising our nieces and nephew...they thought they were being picked up early from school to go to their lake house. We were waiting for them in their kitchen when they got home. They were so excited and thought that was such a greater surprise.



Since it had snowed, we immediately got dressed and went sledding and snow boarding.
My Lil Snow Bunny..he loved it:

Walking down to the hill to go sledding


Daddy and his bundle of what we "think" is Kyler
hahaha!!

Oh if you look hard enough..it IS a Kyler in there:

Me getting prepared to go down the hill:

My first time down the hill was Great...perfect, spot on.
~~~no big butt comments~~~:


And making it to the bottom of the hill:

I even ran back up the hill to do it again.

My 2nd trip down the hill, well......
I wiped out, but it was AWESOME!!
My boo-boo from that wipe out!

The next day..my wipe out..FACE FIRST: AWESOME!!


Me surviving and wanting to do it again.


Kyler and I got to make our very 1st snow angels each.



Kyler's 1st sled ride (I actually have video too):


What a Great picture of my family!


Snow Cousins:
Hannah, Hope, Joshua and Kyler:

We had such a ball and worked up an appetite after the 1st day of playing, so we all came in to eat..including Kyler.


Kyler eating Green Beans for the 1st time:


He did NOT like them:

He was actually "gagging" on them in this pix:


He had a big day and after getting his belly full,
he and Colty crashed out in front of the fireplace.
Isn't that sweet, he's holding Colt's ear:

The next day we went to the Chicago Museum and got too see so many different cool things. It was decorated for Christmas and had so many lights and things to look at.
Like this dress which was made up of
more than 24,000 lights..could you
imagine wearing it?


Kyler LOVED the robots:


Chris wants one of these solar cars:

Check out the Beautiful Christmas Tree:

There were even some Carolers that were singing by the tree.

Chris, me and Kyler by the model of The Windy City:


This White House replica is a Gingerbread House
made of all edible treats:

Kyler was sleeping or he would have been in this one too:


I have to add that Kyler's first flight (to) and 2nd flight (returning) were both amazing. On the flight there, he fell asleep just minutes prior to take off, then woke up during the flight and flirted with a Blondie sitting behind us and fell back asleep just minutes prior to landing. On the flight home, as we were boarding he got cranky and was screaming, but as soon as we sat down and gave him a bottle, he was out and slept the whole flight even thru the turbulence. He is truly an Awesome baby and we are so very Thankful.

There was a beautiful sunset just before landing and I so wanted to take a picture from my window, but the camera was is the bag in the overhead compartment and that meant moving around too much and since Kyler was asleep, we didn't bother.

We had a GREAT time and Thank you ever so much to Bob and Dawn and the kids.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys had fun and that Kyler did well on the flights!

    ReplyDelete