Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Separation Anxiety or Teething with an Ear Infection?..That is the question!

Now that Kyler has finally gotten over his acid reflux and isn't choking during the middle of the night, we have decided that it is time to move him into his room.

The first night, he woke up immediately screaming. After calming him down and rocking him back to sleep, I put him in the crib again. After up and down 4 times throughout the night, I finally gave in and put him in the Co-Sleeper that's in our room. Out like a light the rest of the night and he even slept in.

So last night I gave him some Tylenol thinking that maybe his teeth are bothering him since he was digging at his mouth (yes he's teething), and thought this will help him sleep too. From 8:30 until 10:00, we were Golden. Just as I crawled into bed and got ever so perfect in the covers...BLOOD.... CURLING.... SCREAM! Now not to brag, but just to remind you, he sleeps the whole night (in our room) from when he goes to sleep around 7-8:30pm till I wake him up on the mornings I have to work or until about 8:00am on days I am off. So to hear him with these screams its very alarming. After doing this song and dance for about half the night, I decide I'm tired and want some sleep. So again, he wins and gets put back in the Co-Sleeper in our room and out like a light...back to waking up giggling in the morning.

So here are some questions I have....please Help! ;-D

Am I wrong for giving in? Is he having Separation Anxiety or are his teeth bothering him? How do I know if he has an ear infection or if it's just from him teething..yes he's pulling at his ears a little? Do I let him just scream it out and if so, how long do I let him do this for? Do I move the Co-Sleeper into his room and once he's use to being in there, try the crib again?

No comments:

Post a Comment