Sunday, January 9, 2011

Zachary is 9 Years Old

This weekend we attended my nephew's 9 year old birthday party. He actually turned 9 on the 1st but my wonderful SIL held the party off so that I could attend. But with Chris back to work, he ended up missing it.

Kyler and I went over early Saturday morning and helped my SIL Sherry make Zachary's Lego cake. The chocolate cake didn't want to cooperate with us spreading the icing. The vanilla cake did really well with it. After a while, we got fed up with it and just let it be the way it was. I think it came out pretty good...and it tasted really good! (that's what matters anyways, right?! HA)

The finished product:


And it couldn't have been that bad, as it was DE-VOURED!:


There were 12 kids total. Kyler was the youngest but he ran with the bigger boys like it was nobody's business.

The boys brought out the water guns; dart guns and swords and had a blast chasing each other:


Kyler chasing after two of the bigger boys (he looks so tiny here):


Kyler found a stick to be his weapon of choice, haha:


Kyler stealing some Uncle Kevin time:


I think Kyler is on a CapriSun high here HA!:


Blowing out his candles..ugh 9 already!!:


Kyler supervising to make sure all the candles were out!:


Well...he didn't have a problem with the cake!:


Oh yeah, he had to be changed after cake time:


There are 2 kids missing in this picture...but look at my lil man hanging with the best of them:


LEGOS!!:


Kyler got soo excited when Nicholas started throwing the tissue paper in the air:


Then they decided to cover the birthday boy and he was having a blast!:


Playing some soccer (Mr. Larry would be so proud!):




I see a lot of Kyler in his big cousin Nicholas...and that scares me because Nicholas is a dare-devil..afraid of Nothing! But look how handsome he is:


Kyler "rocka-rocka" himself:


Having some Daddy time since he didn't get to see him much this weekend:


All that partying and no nap...wore him OUT!:



Today Kyler and I were painting while Daddy worked on the garage:


I know the rain will wash this paint off, so I had to make sure I captured his hand prints:


We had a great day of grocery shopping, bike riding, swinging, painting, cooking and just having Mommy / Son time. I LOVE days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment