Friday, April 15, 2011

Body Fat Melt Down.....

Back in the day I was a hottie. I also LOVED roller skating. I've been feeling BLAH lately and wanted to kick it....so I got a wild hair today and was on a mission to find roller skates. I don't like Rollerblades. I was SO good a roller skating and loved it. I wish now that my home town had a Sonic when I was growing up because I would have ROCKED serving people on my skates. They have one now..but it would have been neat back then.

Anyways...my husband and son went with me on my mission to find skates and sure enough, I found a pair. There was a more girlie pair but they were the tall boot style and I don't like that. I like my ankles having free range to move. So I bought the men's skates and well.. let's face it...black is better than the white ones especially if I fall, you wont see my battle scars on the skates. HA!

As soon as we got home, I changed clothes, laced up my skates and put Kyler in the stroller. Chris grabbed the flashlight and off we went around the neighborhood. I was so nervous that I was going to fall and take the stroller down with me but I rocked it! I did very well especially on the road that is very bumpy and uneven.

The lace up......


On the go............


Movin' out!...........


Chris and Kyler were both proud of me, but even more I was proud of myself. Something I haven't felt in a while. As I'm writing this, my body aches and it makes me want to get out and do more. So Chris and I are talking about heading to the Burnt Store / Pine Island area in the morning and him walk while I skate down the side walk pushing Kyler in the stroller in the really pretty woodsy area here.

One pooped and sore but Happy Mommy!.........



I was proud that skate #1 ended up without any broken bones or wipe outs! HA

One handsome boy wondering why we didn't go longer.....(even though we went around the whole neighborhood) HA:

No comments:

Post a Comment