Monday, April 4, 2011

Lakeland Airshow

Kyler and I have been couped up with the ick and can't seem to shake it. We sadly had to miss out on my niece's 5th birthday party due to me taking Kyler back to the doctor. Thankfully, he's being referred to an ENT!! That means no more pain for my baby.

So we needed some fresh air. We headed to Lakeland to the Airshow. Kyler is all about planes and we just knew this would take the ticket for him. Plus it being outside means we're not couped up spreading more germs around.. HA

As we were on our way there, Kyler found every bus and had to point them out. He loves saying bus and its too cute! He even found buses while we were parking. But once he saw the planes! Hold the phone...was he excited!!

This was us coming in the gates and it's blurry because we were walking. He was SO excited he didn't know weather to look up or down or left or right..there were planes galore!


As we were walking in to pay, this was a group called Crazy Horse preforming:






This was one of them once they landed:


Us still walking to where my brother and his family was:


And once Ky found Aunt T and Buddy Roe..he was off to a run..mud and all. I stopped him just before he went in and we crossed where they had a crate put out:


BBug was SO excited to see her Ky-Ky, but he wanted PLANES!:


These were passing us by right when we got there and he was SO excited (did I mention that already):




A plane doing a free fall:


The ONLY helicopter than can go upside down...now I wouldn't want to be the pilot who one day just decides..hmmmm helicopters aren't diagrammed to do this, but I want to try it today.... yeah, I'll pass:


And for all my girls who share the love....

sorry the firemen were on the other side):


A Navy Plane and pilot:


Spiral Descend:


Red Planes:


Just in case I didn't mention this.. Kyler was in Heaven with the planes. Here he is pointing (which he did with every new plane he saw):


Kyler and his Mommy. There were some other cute pictures of him, however I looked HORRIBLE so I refuse to post those:


Ok..so next to us were the Blue Angels (we'll get to them in a minute and THE BEST plane EVER...the F22 Raptor! Just the pilot getting into the cockpit made your chest rumble. Chris and I were just walking off to go grab drinks when the pilot started loading up. So of coarse, I had to stall....

There were two of them next to each other, but one stayed.


So Chris and I continued to take off as they were having "malfunctions". Just as we get our drinks, me holding 2 huge lemonades and 2 bags of popcorn and Chris with more drinks and food...the F22 Raptor takes off.. AHHHH.. I was SO excited and Upset. My camera sitting in my pocket burning to get some pictures and my hands are Full! When they had started the engines (man what a rumble) my Mom grabbed Kyler's ears and he screamed as he wanted to hear it (that's my boy). He didn't want his ears covered although she was trying to protect him since he's had really nasty ear infections.

I did manage to rush back to our seats...my head looking straight up the entire time and I got a few pictures. The fire coming out of the back of it was Awesome!:


Oh I got a tune of video though... ;-D And since I was juggling a child, a video camera and a regular camera, a lot of my pictures came out blurry.. not to mention the speed of these things cruising.

Here is the Oldest plane (the small silver one which served in WWII) flying in formation with the Newest plane of the US Army!


A big boy with an even bigger cup:


My boy and his lemons....






Kyler so engrossed with every show each group put on:




A handsome boy # 1 (Buddy Roe):


A handsome boy # 2 (Kyler):


Gramma and Kyler and BBugs:


A beautiful girl BBugs and her Gramma:


Gramma, Kyler & BBug...BuddyRoe kept dipping out on the pictures:


Some family love:


They were directly above us (if you couldn't tell..hahaha):


~~And then....The Blue Angels!:

4 of the 6:


Kyler loved them!:


In formation:


#1 and #2 of the Blue Angels..they passed each other right through the center barely missing each other:


1 right side up and the other upside down:


2 right side up and 2 upside down:


They put on an Awesome Show. Kyler was tired but he fought it till the bitter end. He would lay his head on my chest and as soon as they would fly by he'd pick it up and look at them and then his head would fall back down. He was snoring before his eyes were even shut. Poor guy. Needless to say, he slept all night long dreaming of F22 Raptors and becoming a Blue Angel one day (HA, sorry mom).

No comments:

Post a Comment