Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy 22 Months Old!

I cannot believe that my "baby" is 22 Months old today! Wow where did the time go?

I love the smirk on his face..like he's trying to hold back his laugh:


To my sweet "baby" boy...

You are killing me with this growing business...but I (secretly) love it too. Watching you grow, learn and experience things through your eyes are such a true joy to me. You're talking more and more every day and it thrills me. I've heard people say.."you'll be sorry wishing for him to talk... and once they start they never stop".... but to be honest, I haven't reached that point yet. I'm not saying that at one point many years to come that I wont (cause I'm sure when the teenage years reach here it'll be different some days--wait, did I just admit that I'm going to let you be a teenager--Ha!)

You are a climber..(this I could do without). The heart attacks that you are already putting me through already and you're just now really starting to climb. Be still my heart!

I love watching your personality grow and seeing you mold into this funny, handsome, happy boy. Your smile lights up a room and is SO contagious. Your laugh is the same way. When you smile, everyone around you smiles. When you laugh, everyone around you laughs. You love getting the attention. I keep teasing that I'm going to find you a manager for modeling / acting.

You LOVE anything and everything to do with outside!! Just the other night we were playing in the sprinklers because you weren't ready to come inside. I love that about you. You're making me enjoy the outsides more and more everyday. You are molding me into a better person and I appreciate that more than you know!

You sleep all through the night still (unless you are sick) and you LOVE to eat and help us cook. Even if we aren't cooking anything but happen to be in the kitchen near the stove you start pushing your chair over and asking for a spoon before you're even at the stove. Cooking...well...we are your Sous Chefs. We have renamed our kitchen to Kyler's Kitchen. We assist you with the cooking.. HA!

This weekend you have decided to take full interest in the potty chair. You would sit on it before, but fully clothed. This weekend you have even tried pulling your own shorts and diaper off because we weren't quick enough. If we changed your diaper, you would have a fit if we tried putting a new diaper on you before letting you sit on the potty chair. I'm not rushing you and want you to take your own time on learning, but since you are showing interest, we are rolling with it.

You LOVE swimming and bath / shower time. I will ask you if you want a shower or a bath and well if you had it your way, you'd probably take a bath first and then head straight to our room for a shower.... this of coarse after swimming in the ocean followed by Grandma Greats pool and then a rinse off in the sprinklers. HA!

We have started going to gymnastics every other Friday. You are having a blast meeting friends and have a new found love for the trampoline. You run on it and its the cutest thing I think I've ever seen. I'll have to bring the video camera next time.

Chores-- HA! I'll have to remind you of this one day when you absolutely will hate doing them. But right now, you are ALL about helping with the laundry. I will hand you garment by garment and you will put them in the dryer and then try to steal the fabric softener sheet. You love pushing the buttons and know exactly which ones to push and when to push them (on the dryer and washer). After the dryer is loaded, you'll take your stool over and stand on it for me to hand you garments to put in the washer. You also have a fit if I don't let you help me put the detergent and liquid fabric softener in. You love helping vacuum and even want your own turn to do it by yourself when we are "finished". You get this really serious look on your face until you meet our eyes and then you smile a proud smile of yourself. It's too stinkin' cute! Mopping is another big time favorite...again, I'll remind you of these in a few years when they are your chores and you don't want to do them.. trust me I'm taking pictures now to remind you. HA! The dishwasher...oh my..it cannot be opened without you climbing in it or pulling out the racks and immediately unloading the dishes.. clean or dirty..doesn't matter. You like closing the door of the detergent holder thingy and then pushing the button to turn it on. This of coarse is after helping us unload and reload the dishwasher.

Two favorites...Mopping and watching Super Why!:


Vacuuming:


You LOVE Kady (our dog)...a little too much I think. She isn't as fond of you as you are of her. She loves you but there are times she wishes that she could get away from you, other than being thrown outside. She used to be able to jump on the couch and hide...but now you climb up there with her if not on top of her. She tries to hide under the table..but you are right on her tail..literally. HA! The only "safe" place she has at the moment is our bed but you're even trying to master that one. It's gross but you two love giving each other kisses. I keep thinking one day you'll be the best of friends and she'll sleep with you in your room, but so far she keeps her distance in that department.. maybe its because you're both bed hogs. HA!

Football is your favorite sport..closely followed by if not tied with soccer. You're starting to take some interest in baseball..but I think it's because you're very fond of swinging the bat..even if it's not at a ball. Watch out Kady!

The newest and biggest Love in your life is "Melmo" (Elmo). You are ALL about "Melmo"...you're hat, watching your DVDs, playing with, carrying and sleeping with your Melmo stuffed creachers. When we ask you about Cookie "Monster", you make the numm numm numm numm sound that he does on TV but there's not the same love as "Melmo". We had a Major Melmo Meltdown the other day when your "Melmo" pjs got food on them and I took them off to wash them.. Oh My Goodness. I thought the cops were going to be called to our house..good thing I work for them. HA! I tried to defuse the situation by putting the only other Elmo shirt on you, but it was NOT the same. I guess we will need to stock up on Elmo shirts / pjs / outfits.

You love looking at pictures and pointing out Momma, Dad-da, Mam-maw (which is what you now call Gramma), Cagen and Charleigh, although they both somehow sound like Kady. You are learning to say Aunt Sherry and know Zach. You are still working on Uncle Kevin and Nich.

Every night that I am home (not working) I LOVE giving you your baths and then cuddling with you in the rocking chair and "reading" your favorite books. We have a series of about 7 or 8 that we go through until you fall asleep. Then I just sit there snuggling you as I know it wont be too much longer and I wont be able to hold you or much less carry you down the hall to put you in bed.

You've just started getting into TV shows. Every morning when you wake up, we have to change your diaper then go get your milk and you run with your blankey and "baby" (which is a monkey you've recently named Baby) over to my rocking chair and you wait for me to sit down and then we snuggle until you're "awake". While we're snuggling, I put on Channel 3 which is PBS and you watch your shows. We don't sit through all of them. You'll get about halfway through Martha Speaks and then you're up and off to a run. You like to "watch" Martha Speaks (which is about a talking dog); Arthur; Curious George; Super Why and The Cat in the Hat. You are GLUED to Super Why (which teaches you to read and write..so I love that) and The Cat in the Hat (which is the Dr. Seuss characters). You do this cute little dance when The Cat in the Hat comes on and just yesterday you were trying to sing along with it. LOVE IT!! Although I now find myself singing the theme songs to each one and you don't even have to be around me. I can be at work singing them or sometimes they pop up in my sleep. Just as I'm typing this, I'm singing Super Why! Nope..sorry I will not demonstrate for the rest of you reading this.. sorry! HA!

You are just shy of 3 feet tall (yes, you're going to be a big boy); I'll have to weigh you to see where you're at now; you're in size 6 diapers but hopefully will be in big boy pants before too long. You wear size 2T-3T in clothes and have a size 6-7 foot which is growing by the second and already needing new shoes..so you may be closer to the 7-8 or 8-9 range.. however that works.

These are just some of the things that I wanted to highlight on for your monthly "chart". I have to write them down in a blog so that in 50 years, I'll be able to remember them.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! You are truly a blessing and such a joy to my life. I thank God for letting me be your Momma. I am truly honored. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter, more fun child. Momma (Daddy, Mam-maw, aunts, uncles, cousins, family and friends) are very proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment