Monday, May 16, 2011

To the Beach!!

Friday, Kyler and I hit the gym again. He had such an amazing time. He ran and ran and jumped. He LOVED it! He was so worn out he took a 4 hour nap after lunch.

Then on Saturday, we loaded up and headed to the beach!! I was packing up the beach bag and took Kyler's sunglasses out. He's NEVER wanted to wear them before and he had a fit for them. So I put them on him to see what he would do and he hasn't taken them off since.. HA!:


He's got the.."I'm cool like that" look:


Wanna wear mine line Daddy:


When we got to the beach it was SO choppy. I was getting sea sick just watching to boats at the dock coming and going. I know had I been on a boat, I would have jumped over board and swam in...or better yet just not gone out to begin with. But Kyler liked the waves. He sat at the edge of the sand where the waves just could get him and he played in the sand with his shovel and bucket. He kept trying to bury Daddy with the sand. Once we were done, we walked the pier and checked out the bird and boats. On our way back down the pier, a helicopter took off and he was one that was able to land on water....I'm not sure if you call them a Sea Chopper or what. But Kyler LOVED it. It circled this boat and we thought it was going to land on the boat but it went over to Ft. Myers Beach and we watched it the whole way just in case it landed.

I got him changed out of his swimsuit and into a diaper. We weren't even out of the first turn when I looked back and saw this:


This weekend..Kyler has been wanting to sit on the potty chair. He doesn't potty YET but its a step in the right direction.. and he's all about wanting to sit on it with no clothes this time! Whoo hoo!! We're getting there. Every time I went in to change his diaper he would say "I sit potty". He would actually scream and start crying if I tried to put the diaper on before he got to sit. He would make a sound like he was peeing and then say "done". Several times I had a streaker running through my house.

Chis told Mrs. Donna today of his new interest and she said she'd work with him. That it was a start and if he's showing interest, why not go with it. I'm excited but yet another sign my "baby" is no longer a "baby". ;-(

Yesterday we went to WalMart Neighborhood Market grocery shopping. This was my Kyler..he saw his sunglasses in the car where I took them off so that he would have them when we went someone where and did NOT want to take them off:


He slept for maybe 5 minutes..however long it took from our house to WalMart and he was groggy when I laid him down in the cart. Shortly after he came up...but kept the sunglasses on the entire time.

Chris cooked steaks, baked potatos and corn on the cob for dinner last night. Kyler got through all of his steak and some of his potato..one bite of his corn and then...


He was OUT! He woke up several times during the night last night but I think he is coming down with a cold. I really hope that it's nothing to do with his ears. I'm worried now that due to the big waves at the beach that when they slammed into him that it might have gotten into his ears. I really hope I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment