Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2 1/2 Years

Yesterday Kyler hit his official 2 1/2 year mark! Ugh, time sure does fly. He had a well check up at the doctor's office. For the first time since his ear troubles a year ago, he didn't fret going. He played in the waiting room and went down the slide with 2 pretty girls (a blond and a brunette) chasing after him. When the nurse called his name, he said "Come on Momma" and went to the door looking back at me. He stood on the scale (32 lbs 3/4 oz) and then stood still to get his height (37"). He is in the 95%ile for his age (yes, big boy). The doctor had a hard time believing he was just 2.

She said his motor skills sounded great and said that his speech will start improving by the time he turns 3. She checked his ears and he kept digging in the one...which turns out, the tube in that ear is in the canal and ready to come out. She said it's probably tickling the hair in his ears and bothering him that way, but there is no infection. Knock on wood that we will not have to repeat this procedure.

As we left the doctor's office, we were sitting at a red light when I heard coming from the back seat.. "woooow..look! Momma's work!". Yup, we were sitting right next to the police department and that surprised me and made me proud that he remembered. Then I got a giggle when I said, "Momma's not going there today, I'm spending the day with you"! And off to McDonald's for a special lunch we went.

Mr. Happy Boy here helped me bake some cookies for Daddy (and him). We put them in the oven to bake while we started on dinner. He was saying "cooookies!!!" here:


Chef Kyler helping brown the meat for Sloppy Joe's. Daddy isn't a fan of Sloppy Joe's.. hence the cookies being made to make up for it.



And just because we can't leave lil brother out.. I went through some boxes of clothes that were given to us and started separating them by sizes. I went ahead and washed some newborn; 0-3 items and Yes (call me crazy) but even started putting a few things into Kolton's suitcase that I will like to have with us at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment