Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Let the Nesting Begin....

I have hit a Nesting Phase ... and let me tell you.. if it isn't bolted down it more than likely has found a new home or living in the trash can. I have been a busy busy busy bee these past two days. Rearranged / decorated our kitchen and living room (with hubby and son's help) on Monday. Tuesday, Mr. Kyler went to school and I took on the laundry room (and found a little storage room - yeah) and Kyler's room. Who knew Kyler had a walk-in closet?! HA! I took out all of his little boy clothes and kept the big boy clothes and now it looks like he doesn't have any clothes. LOL. I also found lots of toys that "big brudder" doesn't know but ever so graciously donated to "lil brudder".

We sold our entertainment center as it was too big and we need the room for the boys and their toys and the price was just right. So Chris loaded the van with some of it and Kyler and I went along for the ride. Mr. Kyler kidnapped some of the pigs I was going to donate to another family and is hoarding them. But after the look on his face here and look how sweetly he's taking care of them, I couldn't make him part from them.. just yet. The bigger one that he is holding every so sweetly has made it to his bed amongst his other favorite bedtime critters. Thankfully he is being upgraded to a queen sized bed this weekend so he'll have enough room for himself to sleep in. HA!


We went to Old Navy as we heard they were having a huge sale. Man were they. We got him this hat that he LOVES for $2; plus 3 pairs of PJS that were normally $12-21 for only $4.88 plus 2 shirts for $8 and another jacket for $6. There wasn't that much left in the kids section but we found what we were looking for.. PJS! And this picture is him on his way to school this morning. I LOVE that he is so happy and gets so excited when he sees his "stool" (school) as we're rounding the corner. He loves it there and it helps that he has a crush on his teacher! ;-D


When I was rearranging the living room; I moved his bench that his grandpa made for him (it matches our table that he made us). And that triggered him to want to sit at it. I think he likes the new spot. (moms don't fret.. the electrical socket that is behind him has covers on it..he can't get hurt although he was messing around back there and did get in trouble for it - but he's safe):




Another new favorite hat of his.. his camo beanie. My Grandma makes these for the soldiers and sends them overseas to keep their heads nice and toasty while serving our country. Well, she made one for my niece and I saw it over Christmas so I asked for one for Kamo Kyler. She had it made and ready to go the next day. Now she's made one for lil brudder, Daddy and me too. Ours are coming via mail this week.. Mine is like my niece's and is pink and purple camo.






Other than nesting and cleaning out everything and working.. nothing much else is going on. That's keeping me busy enough. I'm looking forward to getting Kolton's room done this weekend so I can see what we have and what we need to register for. We plan on having a "sprinkle" in March. That's what one of my girlfriends called it cause she said we wont need a full on Baby Shower since we have a lot of things from Kyler but we will need to have a sprinkle. LOL And any excuse for the girls and kiddos to get together is a good enough reason for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment