Monday, January 9, 2012

Big Brudders Room

We had a busy but fun weekend. It started with me running some errands on Friday...which lead to ....

Yes, me chopping my hair off and I LOVE it!! I always wore it up and I figured if I'm going to do that, why not chop it off and make it cute. So that's what I did and I love it! I can make it messy and full or like this where it's straight. Better yet, the hubs loves it too!



Side view.. no double chin comments ..HA!:


The next day we woke up fresh and ready to tackle the boys' rooms. Chris and Kyler both helped me clean out the closet in Kolton's room and put only baby related items / clothes back in it and then we moved all of the furniture out of his room and Kyler's room and everything piled up in my living room. I was beside myself since I just cleaned and organized my living room.



Kyler was a huge help getting his toys and stuff out of his room. He didn't know it yet.. but he was getting upgraded from his Twin Bedroom set to a Queen Bedroom Set. We chose this route as we had to move one of them out and well it made more sense to upgrade him this way if / when family members come to visit they will have a nice comfy queen bed to lay in rather than trying to cram up in a twin bed...and the dresser is bigger which will hold big "brudders" clothes better.

So after a much needed nap; Kyler and I went in my bed to lay down while Daddy cleaned the carpets ~ since his room was furniture free. When we woke up.. we had learned that Uncle Kevin came over and helped Daddy transform his room too:

The view standing at the closet looking towards his door:


The Big Boy Bed! (it will soon have John Deere Tractor sheets instead of planes, trains and automobiles):


The big dresser (yes, we are relocating the shelf above the dresser):


A view of his bed from his door..and yes, he still has a "parking garage" underneath the bed (since we're limited on space):


Looking at his closet door and that side of the room:


Silly boy with his camera taking a picture of me taking one of him:


And we were extremely exhausted of the moving of everything.. so this is Little Brudders room for the time being. I plan on attacking it on my days off this week. Daddy will have to move the big items, but for the rest of it, I plan on getting my hands on. At least the closet (which we can't get to now) is cleaned out and organized:


We took a break and met up with my nephews; SIL and BIL for my nephews birthday dinner. These 3 monkeys had an Awesome night! They were all silly and we had a good night of laughter. Zachary (red shirt) just turned 10.. I'm still in denial.


Sunday morning we got up and got ready to try out a new church that we were invited to by one of the officers that I work with. (please excuse my messy bed..it was made shortly after the boys were done playing). Kyler was being launched like a rocket and was loving it!:


Sunday afternoon we got a surprise visit by Zachary and "Nikisus" (as Kyler calls Nicholas) and the boys were off to an awesome afternoon of fun. They didn't want to sit long enough for a picture pose. humpf.. HA:


Even the nephews dogs got to come and "ruff" up our dogs! The 4 of them had a blast playing and Kasey and Kady were PASSED OUT all night afterwards. Not sure where Chloe was in this picture:


Kyler was stealing "Nikisus" shoes and running with them. It was a huge game for him. He even tried his hardest to throw them over the fence.. poor guy didn't make it,, thankfully,, but he sure did give it his all several times:


Hopefully I'll be able to post more pictures very soon of Little Brudders room coming to an order if not completely finished! I have a vision of what I want it to look like and hope it will soon hit that mark.













No comments:

Post a Comment