Sunday, January 1, 2012

Spirit Has Left the Building

Well... I have NO spirit today. I'm not sure if it's because I'm tired from last night (no I didn't ring in the New Year). I got off of work at 2230 hrs (that's 10:30 pm) after working a 12 hour shift; was tired and wanted to go to bed but my neighbor was SO generous with his band and their music that my bed was even vibrating. The other neighbors were generous with the fireworks which freaked my dogs out and woke my son up. So we had a rough night. I don't want to complain as I know that if I didn't have to be at work; we would have enjoyed watching the firework display from our front yard. However being tired; 5 months pregnant and having to get up early for the next shift really took a toll on me today.

Not to mention that I had to miss out on a family gathering for my nephew who turned 10 today. Happy Birthday Zachary. Sorry that I once again had to miss out on a function but hope you enjoyed your special day.

So as I sit here with one more LONG and boring hour to go before I am off; I'm just not really in the spirit for anything. I'm feeling tired; lonely; left out; and just plain blah tonight. I am really missing my son and hate that I feel like a part-time Mom to him. Hopefully this is not how my 2012 will be and that it's just a blah night and will soon pass and brighter days are in the future. I know there will be because Kolton will be joining our family.. but I just don't want to be in this funk the whole year.

Well now that I got you down.... please go find something fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment