Thursday, January 19, 2012

24 Weeks Down (15 to go!!!)

WhooHooo!!!! We made it to 6 months!!

Just 15 weeks to go till our scheduled C-Section Date! Man it's closing in quick. I'm excited, not nervous. Ready to see my boys in action together. I LOVE how Kyler kisses my belly, or talks to "Tolton" and he just now started running race cars and Mater across my belly telling me that he's playing with "Tolton". I just hope this sweetness continues between these two. I know there will be moments and days of the "Mooooommmmmm, Kolton did this or Kyler isn't sharing"; but I will take the good over the bad any day.

Fetal Development: (and mom's comments)
The baby gains about 6 ounces this week as the body begins to fill out (perfect, cause I'm not sure where I am going to put him.HA!) . This weight is in muscle, bone mass and the growing organs and tissues. The weight could top 1 1/3 pounds by the end of the week.

Maternal Changes: (and mom's comments)
Between weeks 24 and 28, your care provider may order a
glucose tolerance test to determine if you have gestational diabetes (already done and yeah for me... I have it). Your uterus is 1 1/2 to 2 inches above the navel.

Your doctor may want to do a check of your cervix sometime soon so that if you develop preterm labor symptoms, s/he will have a baseline for comparison (ohhh goody, that feels SO fun!!! ~ if you've never had your cervix checked, poking your eyes out with hot pokers would be less painful). The things us mothers do for you loved ones (ohh I sounded like my mom then ;-D)

Ideas for Dad:
Take lots of pictures of Mom (yes, we need to get on this or Mr. Kolton is going to think that he wasn't loved). Even though she may not like it at the time, she will treasure the photos later. They will make a wonderful keepsake, and maybe she'll pose for you a la Demi Moore in Vanity Fair! (hahahahah.. NOOO BODY wants to see me that way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment