Saturday, July 17, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Kyler

Happy 1st Birthday to my precious lil angel. This past year has been THE MOST happiest time of my life and you have brought us all so much joy! You are a true happy healthy boy!

To celebrate his birthday, Gramma and I took Kyler to a local water park since he is a water bug. Daddy had to work. I was soo proud of him, he does not like slides but he went down the kiddie water slides 4 or 5 times and Loved it! The last one, he bumped his head and was upset then, so we didn't put him down anymore.

Getting ready to leave:


Gramma and Kyler being silly, I love this picture:




Ky and Mommy playing water ball. He loved it when Gramma would throw the ball and the water would splash him. He would squeal, it was too cute!


Kyler was crawling and kept putting his face under the water. He would come up coughing and would laugh and do it all over again. It kept scaring me. Thankfully he decided to sit and splash some.


Kyler taking a bottle break..and Gramma was stealing kisses (he was eating it up!)




We loaded up shortly after him hitting his head and headed home to meet up with Daddy for dinner. Kyler was asleep while we were getting ready for dinner. We were all just about ready when we realized what time it was and it was time to wake him up anyways so we could leave, so we ran into his room real quick and woke him up at 17:27 hours (which for you who don't know military time is 5:27 pm. That is the exact time he was born (7/17 at 1727 hrs.. a lot of lucky #7s)! We woke him up by singing Happy Birthday to him and he was NOT a happy camper. It was funny as it reminded us of how he came out..ALL LUNGS! Gramma gave him a quick bath. Which he loves baths, but this one, he screamed the entire time through.

Oh still so sleepy eyes:


A "very unhappy Kyler":


Ok, he was starting to forgive Gramma for us waking him up and for the "awful" bath he had to have to get the sunscreen off him. Ha! But you can tell he's still not smiling, yet!




Mommy and her boy (got a little smile):


I rode with Mom and Kyler to dinner and we reminisced about our hospital visit last year and how anxious we were to have the C-Section done and over with so we could have him safely in our arms. We reminisced about where we all ate and things we talked about, phone calls that were made, the movie we watched (or tried to) all 3 of us in the hospital bed watching it from my laptop. The hospital room he was in (#3) and I'll always remember that because that day, Chris and I became a family of 3.

Kyler's Aunt Sherry, Uncle Kevin and cousins Z and N came along for dinner. It was Great. Hot, but great! Kyler squealed a few times, flirted with some girl with really big knockers (umm duh, he's ALL boy!) and had some of Z's strawberry milkshake. They were having fun playing.."Where's the Baby...There he is!" Z loves doing this to all babies to keep them entertained...he's a good big cousin.


Did I mention, it was hot.. the women were taking turns with hot flashes..Thanks Sherry for getting those started.. HA!


The waitresses / waiters came out and sang Happy 1st Birthday to Kyler and he even got a chocolate cake. He tore...it...up! Ha! (oh and the mess he made..ahh, looking forward to cleaning that up next weekend at his party with his smash cake..HA!)

Here's the yummy cake:


Cake,,,I see cake...:


Kyler: "am I about to get in trouble for this, Daddy?!"


Slowly moving it closer:


Um, not bad and not getting yelled at yet:


Hey, that's good stuff:


Oh yeah, I could get used to this stuff! Now do you think we have a Happy Boy or what?!:


There are some really cute ones from my sister-n-laws camera..I'm waiting on her to send them to me and when she does.. I'll be sure to post them.

Ok, so call me a dork.. but I kept the menu that he colored on and it will go in his bin that has all of his keepsakes:


He got a wagon from Aunt Sherry, Uncle Kevin and his cousins! He LOvES wagons and now he has his own..we'll be taking some serious walks around the neighborhood.

Here is the ever so cute handmade card from my nephews for Kyler. I LOVE these cards and yes, every one of them goes into a keepsake bin.







And when we left dinner, he loaded up in Gramma's car and headed to her house for a slumber party...Yes, without me! This is the first time that he has spent the night somewhere without me. I'll have to admit, I got a little teary-eyed in the parking lot, but I pulled thru.

A pix of a teary-eyed mommy:


He and Gramma (and Papa Pat) were so excited. They're going to Grandma Great's house swimming tomorrow while I have to work (somehow, I don't think that's fair). Daddy was supposed to work tomorrow but they got the job done today, so he is going to do some honey-dos (after sleeping in of corse). Ha!

Happy Birthday Big Guy. We hope you had a wonderful first year and many more wonderful years to come. I would say a pinch to grow an inch, but you already have that covered on your own.

And just because it was so cute with his chipmunked cheeks, here is a picture of him eating a taco the other night:

No comments:

Post a Comment