Monday, July 12, 2010

The Last Week of a "Baby":

Since my lil man will be a YEAR OLD in just 5 days!!!! Here is a catch up of what he's been doing the past week.

SnuggleTime!!:


Time to see what's out there! (umm not sure what's going on with the splits in the backseat, but he was pretty happy)


Looking where we are going.. not where we've been and he LOVES it!


My lil man wanted to help me in the kitchen while I was washing his toys and bins, cleaning out the dishwasher; all the fun stuff. So I let him make some cleaning music for me..Banging Music!



He was Rockin' out!


It was tough getting things done because I wanted to sit back and watch him in action:


Him singing a beautiful song. I loved it!:


On Saturday, we went to Kyler's best buddy's 1st birthday party!
The birthday boy, Ethan (he is 2 days older than Kyler) It's been awesome watching them grow up and learn new things together:


Kyler is NOT big on the slide:




Daddy and Kyler "checking out chicks"...actually they (meaning Kyler) were intrigued by some guys playing soccer and kicking the ball. He got really excited watching them.






The guys were in front of the swings, so we moved him to a swing for a better view. See Ms. Donna and Mr. Larry...the soccer lessons are already paying off! (the next David Beckham in the house) Ha!





But when he got to the swings...something (some-one) else caught his attention!


And later inside the pavilion...here is Mr. Kyler FLIRTING with Ms. Sienna (the same girl from the swings). And man is she a cuttie. Her eyes were so hypnotizing-ly blue.:














Look, my boys are matching!




It was so hot and sweaty...I can only imagine how his party will be in 2 weeks from now:


We have this "cut out" if you will of a cat door in our guest bathroom from when we had a cat. This was her domain and she could come and go as she pleased and this was her potty room. Well Kyler now thinks its funny to "sneak-a-peek" while someone's going potty:


Kyler learning to change the TV channels with the remote:


He was pointing the remote towards the TV but couldn't understand why it wouldn't change...until...he found the up button.






Kyler's birthday party theme. Chris wanted one theme, I wanted a different one, so a friend of mine and her son went with Kyler and me to pick them out and the three of them chose Baby Mickey.


After we left from picking up the party supplies, we stopped for a little lunch. I was just curious to see what Kyler would do if I put a drink with a straw up to him.


Well, to my surprise...he knew exactly what he was doing and drank from it like it was nobodys business. Yes, I have to admit, I got all teary-eyed as I was not expecting that to happen.


And while we're on the note of my lil man growing up! He has discovered that he is all about feeding himself. He doesn't want to sit in the highchair anymore and wants to sit in my lap so that he is at the big boy table and can have my assistance if he needs it. But he loves taking the fork and stabbing whatever it is that he's eating and he does awesome at getting it in his mouth. It's a big game for him.




Yesterday afternoon we were in the area of my brother-in-laws house, so we stopped by for a visit. It was a nice surprise for them. My sister-in-law got a really good picture of the 3 boys together. I'll post it as soon as I can "steal" it from her. Ha!
But while we were there, the boys were excited for Kyler stopping by and Kyler was on the move. So we turned on a music station and let the kids dance. Kyler LOVED it and even invented HIS dance...called "The Ky-Ky". I have a very short video of it as soon as he saw me taking a video he would "fall" down. I will have to try and post it tonight. But so you know what he is doing...he loves to wave Bye-Bye, so he would walk, bob his head to the music and wave bye-bye and THAT became "The Ky-Ky". It was too stink' cute. And what made it even better is that he was only in a diaper. He had food all over his clothes, so I stripped him down for dance time (not knowing pictures would be taken) HA!

I know that he is growing up so fast! So yesterday morning, when he fell asleep for his morning nap, instead of going and putting him in his crib, I held him...the entire 2 hours he napped. I know that I had things that I needed to get done. But I also know that in a blink of an eye, I will be sitting there doing those things (laundry, dishes, bills, etc) and wish I had my "baby" to hold and he'll be able to hold me instead..Ha! So I soaked it up and endulged in Kyler-time!

No comments:

Post a Comment