Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Kyler's Hospital Adventures

Well, our family had been hit by a NAAAASTY less than 24 hour (each) flu bug. So there has been a delay in my blogging as two of us have been in the hospital.

Friday night, after a whole day of vomiting and diarrhea, Chris and I took Kyler into the ER.

Ky in the waiting area:


Him in the back of the ER after just getting into his gown...or "dress" as Daddy called it:


He was so good getting his IV. He cried a little while getting it but as soon as they wrapped it up neatly he was good with it.


They kept him for 9 hours when they ran his blood work the 2nd time, they said that since his levels dropped so they were going to send us to a local children's hospital.

Chris went home to get some sleep around 2:30 AM, as I knew I was going to need his help the next day. And at 4:00 AM the ambulance came to take us over. Kyler and I got settled in at the children's hospital around 5:00 AM. We both went to sleep and the nurses came in at 6:30 AM to mess with him.

Ky's teddy bear that he got from the ambulance driver. He now sleeps and snuggles with it all the time:


Since we came in the back doors and it was at 4AM, I had noo clue that we were in the Pediatric ICU ward until my Mom got there and asked me about it. After learning that, I scared me, as I hadn't seen a doctor yet and didn't know what was going on with my son. That was a little nerve racking.

Ky in the crib:


He was sleeping here:


Look at his ET Toe...it was the oxygen reader thingy thing:


That morning, Aunt Sherry, Uncle Kevin, Z and N came to visit and brought me some breakfast, a soda, toothbrush / toothpaste, and deodorant...THANK YOU!! And it was Aunt Sherry's birthday..what a way to spend your birthday!

Kyler giving Aunt Sherry lovins:


Kyler hanging out with Uncle Kevin, wearing N's glasses:


Z and N brought in these adorable giraffe and horse for Kyler. Giraffe is now wearing Kyler's IV arm band protector thing:


Gramma came in to visit shortly after. Although I didn't get any pictures of Gramma and Kyler..I'm soo sorry.

Around 11-ish the doctor finally came in and said that he looked and sounded good and if he was able to eat something and keep it down, then they would probably let him go home that afternoon. So in went the graham crackers and milk and Spaghetti O's (cold might I add), as he was sleeping when the food came in. But after eating two bites, he screamed for more. AND he didn't even want the chocolate pudding or applesauce..he was hungry, he wanted Food, hot or cold. Then he went back to sleep. It wasn't long after that, the doctor came in and said that he could go home! Woot-Woot!!

The next day..BAM! Mommy got hit with it and had to go to the ER to get hydrated myself.

Then...on Monday...Daddy got it. I quarantined him into our master suite and forbade him to come out until it ran its course. I would pass him Gatorade and juice thru the door and shut it right back. I disinfected this whole house, as I DO NOT want it coming back for round two. It was brutal stuff.

So a little To Much Information, maybe. But I hear its going around.. so be careful.

~~~A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT CAME TO VISIT, IT REALLY MEANT A LOT..AND THANK YOU TO THE ONES THAT CALLED.

No comments:

Post a Comment