Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Birthday

~~This post is a day late....

Today is Thanksgiving. I have so much to be Thankful for...my miracle son Kyler, my Family, my Friends, our house, vehicles and jobs...just to name a few. I could go on for hours.

This year to celebrate, we went to our family store. My great great grandfather, Ted Smallwood, opened the Smallwood Trading Post in Chokoloskee as a trading store with the Indians in the early 1900's. To learn more about him and Chief Charlie Tigertail go here: www.florida-everglades.com/chokol/smallw.htm

For years our family has gotten together and had Thanksgiving underneath the store. I love when we do this. We used to do it every 5 years, but hopefully we'll start to do it more.

A side view of the store:


A front view of the store:


Sadly this year we didn't get to go thru the store. But it is a great place to just feel the history and learn all sorts of great and interesting things. There's a life sized wax figure of my great great grandfather in there plus a lot of the original items that were to be sold in the store (I love that).

At the foot of the store:




Daddy taking Kyler to explore:


~~ And it was my birthday!

My Wonderful birthday gift from my Mommy, Papa Pat, my Grandma, Chris and Kyler:


The beautiful bouquet my son and mommy picked for me:


I love these next two pictures of Gramma and her Gran-man:




While we were taking a walk, Kyler fell asleep in the wagon:




I LOVE this house...one day when I hit the lottery, I will buy this house and move it. The picture doesn't do the color of it any justice. It's so pretty. It's now a realty company:


For dinner, we went to my brother-in-law and sister-in-laws house for dinner. She cooked an amazing feast! Thank you Sherry!:


My Mommy stayed the night with us and this morning we got up and went shopping on Black Friday.

Kyler is all about his Gramma and didn't want her to get ready without his help. He was knocking on the door:


Here he was trying to crawl thru the cat door:


While we were out shopping, I put this hat on Kyler. I know later in life he will kill me for posting this, but it's too cute:


And shortly after, he zonked out on us:


He was such a good shopper. When we were done shopping, we came home and played on the swing set and in the sandbox for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment