Friday, November 12, 2010

My Lil Fireman

This morning while I was playing with Kyler, he couldn't make up his mind to which firetruck he wanted to play with. At one point he grabbed all of them and sat in the middle of them surrounding him.

Kyler riding His firetruck:




So I got a wild thought to take him to go see a real one. I called one of the stations to see if it would be ok to stopped by and when they said sure, unless we're on a call, I loaded us up and we stopped by. On our way there, I stopped by and got 2 dozen donuts for them as a Thank you. They appreciated that. I almost brought a pie but wasn't sure how many were there and some would like one flavor but not another, so I played it safe and went with donuts.

Once we got into the station, two of the seven took charge and took Kyler, Mila and Isa (a co-workers daughters) into a walk-in closet and gave them fire hats. Then we went into the bay and got to see TWO firetrucks! Kyler was excited to see the first truck...until...he saw the ladder truck. Then he really lit up!



The kids got to climb into the cab of the ladder truck and play / explore around.


Then they got to sit on the front of the firetruck and get their pictures taken with the firemen.


As we were coming back into the living quarters, Kyler and Mila saw the sitting area and took over two of the recliners. It was too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment