Friday, July 22, 2011

Big Girl Pants....

Yes, that's right. It's time for me to put on my Big Girl Pants (panties)... as today Kyler is having his FIRST play date ALL day long without a family member or Mrs. Donna.

Kyler and I met up with a friend of his from daycare and his mom yesterday at a park. The boys had a play date at the park and then his Mommy had an appointment to be at. So I offered to take Ethan back to our house so the boys could continue to play. They had a blast and then later that night we met up for dinner with his parents and returned him to them.

This was the two of them yesterday as soon as we got to our house from the park:


I have to add two things about this picture. Ethan was not clothed as while the boys were at the park they discovered the water (drinking) fountain and decided to splash (soak) one another (and us). We striped the boys down to a fresh diaper and Kyler was still awake when we got home (and was awake in this picture) so he got clothes put on. I gave Ethan a blanket which he did the same thing Kyler does and tucked it under him. I didn't want to wake him and put clothes on him, so he got dressed later. The other thing I just HAD to mention is this is the very first time that Ethan has slept in a "big boy bed" Whoo hoo!!

While at dinner we made plans for another play date for today. Nicole was so sweet and wanted to return the favor of me keeping Ethan. So today we met up at Southern Starz, the gymnastics place we introduced her to at Kyler's party, and after a few minutes of playing with Kyler, I told him to be good and that I was leaving as I had to go to work and he was going to be with Mrs. Nicole and Ethan. He said ok and gave me a quick kiss and took off running. When I looked back before escaping through the doors, he was all smiles and had a green hula hoop playing with it.

Yes, the tears burned my eyes in the parking lot... not because I didn't trust Nicole... because had I not trusted her, she wouldn't be taking off with my most cherished gift. But I guess just because my "baby" has turned 2 and all grown up.

Next will come sleep overs and sports and girls and college.. UGH! Why is the time flying? HA!

Just for the record, Nicole sent me a message a little while ago saying they went out to lunch right after leaving the gym. They went to Chick-Fil-A where the boys played some more and they were crashed in her back seat. They were headed to her house where she had filled up the kiddie pool with water and said that if the boys decide to wake up, they will be outside playing in the water. Now I'm jealous. HA!

Nicole just sent this picture to me.. what do you think.. can you tell if he's content or not?:


Seems to be a pattern here.. they are either really bored of each others company (HA ~ not likely) or they are playing SO hard they are wearing themselves out (Very Likely)!

No comments:

Post a Comment