Sunday, July 17, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Handsome!

Happy 2nd Birthday Handsome!

Can you believe that 2 years ago, I gave birth to a very tiny, 6 lb 11 oz 20 in long, handsome lil guy?! Wow time flies. I remember we were in the process of moving into our new building at work. I was SO preggers (and technically had another month to go). They wouldn't let me move anything and I sat the Fire Channel and was the last person to move that day. That next Monday, I started the night shift and had back contractions the whole night. The very next morning I went to the doctor and was sent to triage. They ended up sending me home. I had my regular Doctor's appointment on Thursday and had such a migraine. My blood pressure was up and we couldn't get it down, so the doctor told me to go straight to the hospital. They were admitting me. I ended up staying the night. The Dr. gave us the option Thursday night to start Pitocin and try to go naturally with a very good chance of ending up in the OR for a C-Section or we could just schedule a C-Section. Your Gramma, Daddy and I all 3 said C-Section hands down.

The next morning the Dr. came in and ran some blood work on me and my levels were depleting. My body was crashing to say the least so she looked at me and said it's a good thing you chose C-Section, cause at this point, you don't have a choice. We were being sent in to have you at 11 that morning, but there were other moms that had to go in ahead of us as they were at risk of losing their little bundles. So because we weren't actually in labor (and they were) they went ahead (thankfully).

I remember your Daddy, Gramma and me all 3 laying in the hospital bed watching a DVD on my laptop. All 3 of us tried SO hard to focus on the video, but all we could think about was having you safely and me crashing.

Gramma took this one of your Daddy and I waiting:


Daddy took this one of your Gramma and I waiting:


We took a walk up and down the hallway, hearing other ladies in labor and babies crying. Finally around 4:15-4:30 (ish) PM they came to get me and wheel me into the OR. As they were prepping me, they were outside getting your Daddy all dressed in his surgical scrubs:


He came in and I was already strapped to the table. He hit his head on a hanging light right above my head. I remember the Dr asking if I was ok and once I acknowledged, she said, ok we'll do a test spot to make sure you're numb. I WAS NERVOUS! I think she could have cut me without me being numb and I wouldn't have felt a thing. I WAS EXCITED. As she pulled you out (1726 hours -- 5:26 pm) and held you up so we could see you, you peed on me (THE BEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE!).

Kyler JUST born:


Our first picture as a new family:


Your Gramma was standing in the hallway (where one nurse told her stand and another nurse yelled at her) and she could hear you were born. You had a set of lungs on you! Daddy and I both cried when we saw you and then he cut your cord. He and a nurse walked over and gave you, your first bath and checked your stats. I didn't get to hold you or kiss you right away. As I laid there being stitched up, I stretched my neck as far as I could watching Daddy and the nurse with you. I would get little glimpses here and there. I just wanted to hold you, but even when they finally brought you over to me, my arms were strapped down so I couldn't even touch you. I stretched my neck out and gave you a kiss.

Our first kiss:


Once we got into the recovery room, there I got to hold and nurse you. You took right away. Because you were 3 weeks "preemie" they said that you would have to go into the nursery and wouldn't be able to spend the first day with me in our room. However, you came out perfect, breathing on your own, your colors, weight and everything else were perfect.. so in our room together we went.

In the recovery room bonding:


We were greeted in the room by Gramma.. she couldn't wait to get to you! Aunt Sherry, Uncle Kevin, Zachary and Nicholas were also there waiting to see you.

Meeting your new family:


I don't remember much of that day afterwards as for 24 hours I had to be placed on a really nasty medicine to try to reverse me from crashing. I do remember that you squawked like a bird and had "fur" on your back so I called you my Lil Bird Man. I don't remember feeding you much and I am very sorry. But we both made it out of there together on the same day and got to go home on that Sunday! Gramma came home with us for a week to help out since Daddy had to go back to work and I was sore from the C-Section. We vacuumed in your room while you were sleeping and you didn't even care...you slept right through it. You were a great baby, slept through the night and only cried when you were hungry and didn't really cry when you were wet or had a dirty diaper...just when you wanted food.

Your first day home in your own bed, napping:


These past 2 years have been THE BEST two years of my life. Thank you SO much for being you and making every day a true blessing.

We are SO proud of you for all that you are learning and doing.

You are a true blessing and everyday is such a joy having you in our lives.

You are a walking / talking / funny / handsome lil man. You smile a majority of the time and spread your cheer to everyone around you.

You are still in diapers (size 6) but are starting to show more interest in potty training. We are taking this step at your own pace. When you are ready we will move forward. We want to do it on your terms so that you'll stick with it.

You are wearing between size 3T-4T shirts and because of your skinny waistline, you're in size 2T shorts.

Today, you reached the mark of 3 feet tall. I was told to measure you on your 2nd birthday and whatever that number is, double it and that's how tall you'll be when you're full grown. WOW! Mr. Long Legs..

You LOVE anything and everything to do with outdoors..playing on your swing set, watching birds and plains, riding your bikes and new fire truck, playing ball with Kady, watching Daddy cut the grass, looking for the stars and moon, dancing in the rain with Mommy (my personal favorite). I think if we put up a tent outside you would move your bedroom outdoors and be tickled with the thought. (I can't wait to take you camping!)

You're learning your family members names and point to them in pictures. You have a book that you love looking through and pointing at every object naming what they are and then we discuss them.

Your Cartoon friends are Elmo (AKA: Melmo); Cookie Monster (AKA: Took-tea); and Big Bird. Your favorite TV Friends are Super Why; Arthur; The Cat in the Hat Knows Alot About That; Martha Speaks and Curious George (which you call George).

Your buddies at school (daycare) are Ethan (who is 2 days older than you); Austin who the two of you share your birthday (he's just a year older); Autumn; Bryson; Olivia (secretly your girlfriend who is just a few months younger than you) and Raeann (you call her Rain). You've been going to Mrs. Donna's since you were 3 months old and she loves you just like we do.

You LOVE Kady and always want to cuddle, play and chase her. She doesn't always share the same love. She doesn't like the fact that she can't get away from you all the time. She used to be able to hide from you on our bed, but now you scale that with no problems. Your Daddy wants to get you another dog, but Mommy is having a lot of reservations now.

YOU LOVE TRUCKS / TRACTORS / AIRPLANES / FIRETRUCKS / POLICE CARS / CARS...YOU ARE ALL BOY!!

You are a FLIRT! You'll see a girl and you'll bat your eyes and show your dimples with a huge grin and when you go to leave, you'll blow them a kiss. You even call yourself a Mess (because I've called you a Hot Mess several times).

My Biggest fear right now is that you have NO FEAR of water! You don't know how to swim yet, but you jump right into Grandma Grapes pool with no 2nd thoughts. You swim in the bathtub now and it is TOO CUTE! We've been trying to teach you to swim (actually kick your feet and move your arms). I tried getting you in on swim lessons, but you are too advanced for your age group which they say they just get you used to the water (umm yeah, no problem there) and they wont let you in the next age group until you're 3. BUMMER!

I cannot Thank You enough for you being you and for opening my eyes to so much. I am learning everyday because of you and I truly cherish our moments together.

I LOVE YOU KYLER!

No comments:

Post a Comment