Monday, July 25, 2011

Big News Weekend!

This weekend started off by my niece, nephew and Mom coming for a slumber party weekend! We took the kids to SunSplash (a local water park). All 3 kids went down the water slide over and over again! That was a BIG step for my niece and nephew as their Daddy said they wouldn't go down it. Although, my niece has been down it before.

Before going to SunSplash, we stopped for a little lunch:


3 peas in a pod:



Here are the boys wresteling:





The baby birds that were hatched on my lanai started to try and fly on Saturday. It was fun watching the kids get so Excited over seeing them flap their wings and their Mommy and Daddy trying to get them to come out of the nest. The kids would scream with excitment and it was just a neat experience.

Then this morning, I went to let the dog out (after checking to see if they were there and didn't see them in the nest or on the lanai)... and just as she was exiting the lanai, I saw movement out of the corner of my right eye and had to rush her out of the lanai before she saw them. There they were, the baby birds out of the nest. I watched them for a while and since they were sitting in the sun, I brought them a bowl of water. (I know, call me crazy, but I was looking out for them). I went in to take a shower and get ready for work and when I came back out, they were gone. Flew the coup. I wish I would have seen it. But Mommy finally got them out.


~~AND THE BIGGEST NEWS~~



That's right!! Mr. Kyler is potty training!! He watched my nephew all this weekend and wanted to wear his big boy underware and NO diapers! This morning, he did his first poop on the potty too!! I was SO excited. So off to daycare he went...in his big boy underware. He was so proud. He was trying to take his shorts down to show Mrs. Donna the Oscar the Grouch underware he was wearing! I took him two extras and some change of clothes just in case (as accidents are expected). I had called to check on him and see how his progress was on my way into work. He'd been at daycare for about an hour and a half and she said, "no accidents thus far!"... she said that she asked him if he needed to go and he'd say No.. then a little while later she asked him again and he'd say "jess" (which is Yes) and he'd take off running to the bathroom. I'm such a proud Mommy... (even though this is my last "official" stage of "baby").

No comments:

Post a Comment