Tuesday, July 26, 2011

POTTY UPDATE:

So as you know, Kyler has been really steadily into the potty training since watching his older cousin Cagen go while at our house this weekend.

Well yesterday, he had a couple of accidents while at daycare...to be expected.

This morning when he woke up, I took him into the bathroom and his diaper was completely dry! I know, right?! When I asked him if he had to go potty, he said no, but I put him down on it and his face light up the second I did and he started going. He was SO excited! So he got to pick out a sticker (which he put on his right knee and wore it there ALL day long).

A little later we were getting him dressed for daycare and he jumped up and ran to hide behind me. At first I wasn't sure what he was doing and then it hit me. He was pooping. We ran to the bathroom where he finished on the potty where he was again Very Excited! He got another sticker and we put it on a place mat that I taped to the wall for the meantime.

Then I just received an update from Daddy. NO ACCIDENTS ALL DAY LONG AT DAYCARE!!! Mrs. Donna put a diaper on him during nap time but right back in big boy pants as soon as he woke up and NO ACCIDENTS!! WOW! I'm impressed and happy for him.

Tomorrow (my day off), I will be taking him to pick out some more big boy underwear. Right now we have a sleeve of Sesame Street ones ..that his Gramma bought him for his birthday (cause he's ALL about "Melmo" and "Took-tea" and "Big Burd" and Oscar (with a growl). So I'm curious to know which ones he'll pick out tomorrow.

I am also taking him to the dollar store and buying a poster board and he and I will decorate it out for him. Then I will buy a different assortment of stickers and each time he goes he can pick which sticker he wants and place it anywhere on HIS SPECIAL BOARD. I might even have to make some incentive for him.. like if he gets "x" amount of stickers then he can pick out a small toy or something like that.

Very Proud Mommy (as I always am because of him)!

No comments:

Post a Comment