Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mother Seeking Advice

As my readers know, I am a mother to a toddler who will sadly (against my will HA!) soon be turning 3 and we will also very excitedly soon be welcoming a newborn.

My toddler is still undergoing potty training. He is doing very good on the peeing part. The pooping, not so much. And when we go out in public, he has to have a diaper on as he will not let us know he has to go. We are on the go a lot which means, he's back in the diapers.

I'm starting to feel like a failure and especially when I hear (on more than one occassion).. "all 4 of my kids were potty trained by 18 months". I didn't think that I had let this bother me, but apparently it has.

With that said; does anyone have any "encouraging" advice to offer that might help us in getting this potty trained business down? I would LOVE to have Kyler completely potty trained before Kolton comes as I know he's going to fall back some when Kolton is born.

I have tried the sticker method (every time he goes, he gets a sticker); however he has been given sticker books for different things and this no longer has meaning. We have tried the M&Ms and that he only gets them when he goes on the potty; but even that now doesn't have any meaning. We purchased new big boy underwear and even let him pick out which ones he wanted. He would even chant with me "no pee-pee or poo-poo in Mater". I understand he is going to have accidents and I'm ok with that. But I need to know what I'm apparently doing wrong.

After this post you can leave comments. You can log in using your email address; google account; etc or if you prefer, you can email me: sak_w14@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment