Friday, March 23, 2012

Wednesday's Checkup

Wednesday I had my regular check up with the doctor. I had been sporting a killer headache since Monday, so I was glad to be going. As the doctor enters the room, I'm vomiting from the dizziness and the massive headache....

Off to Triage we went for pretty much the whole day. Got some meds; ran some tests including a 24 urine culture and more blood work on Thursday. Waiting on those results which I was advised the doctor is out until Monday, so not sure if her staff will call with the results or if I have to wait until she's back.

However, I have develeoped pre-eclampsia again. I have a milder case of it this time than when I did with Kyler. However it's also much sooner than I had it with him too. Results are that if my blood work starts showing that I'm decreasing more, she will pull Kolton within the next 2 weeks..but she is hoping to have me hang in there for the next 4 weeks which will put more weight and be less of a risk for him. She is watching both of us closely and I completely trust her.

If you're not familiar with pre-eclampsia; here's a littel tid bit from the website on it:

Preeclampsia is a disorder that occurs only during pregnancy and the postpartum period and affects both the mother and the unborn baby. Affecting at least 5-8% of all pregnancies, it is a rapidly progressive condition characterized by high blood pressure and the presence of protein in the urine. Swelling, sudden weight gain, headaches and changes in vision are important symptoms; however, some women with rapidly advancing disease report few symptoms. Typically, preeclampsia occurs after 20 weeks gestation (in the late 2nd or 3rd trimesters or middle to late pregnancy), though it can occur earlier. Proper prenatal care is essential to diagnose and manage preeclampsia. Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (PIH) and toxemia are outdated terms for preeclampsia. HELLP syndrome and eclampsia (seizures) are other variants of preeclampsia. Globally, preeclampsia and other hypertensive disorders of pregnancy are a leading cause of maternal and infant illness and death. By conservative estimates, these disorders are responsible for 76,000 maternal and 500,000 infant deaths each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment