Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Happy Boy

This morning while dropping the boys off ever so early at daycare when I opened the door to get Kolton out, I found this:

A happy boy checking himself out in the reverse mirror and laughing:


















I am truly blessed to have such happy handsome boys.

Yesterday was a very dreary rainy day.  I had kept both boys home from daycare / school and thankfully I remembered the free movie summer series that our local movie theater puts on every Tuesday and Wednesday. We hurried and rushed to the theaters to find it was PACKED!  There were bus loads of kiddos to take advantage of the offering.  As we took our seats,,very. front. row., I dropped Kolton's pacifier (unknown where) and not to mention his blanket took a dive in the water on our way in.  Thankfully, we didn't need either. The movie started and he was GLUED to the screen.  The only noise I heard from him was laughing and cooing at the screen...until the credits came on at the end. Then a whole other story. He was hungry and tired. HA

After the movies and while it was still raining, Kyler and I worked on an art project. We found a wooden picture frame for their pirate pictures from school last week.  We then went on a scavenger hunt to try and locate pirate related items to decorate the frames with.  I found scrap booking paper that looked like an old map and cut it out to fit around the frames.  Then we glued skulls, parrots, a pirate flag, gold and silver colored stones for "loot".  I hand painted their names in the clouds and hot glued everything on and then added the pictures. 

Here is the end result:





















I was impressed with how well it turned out. Even better than I had imagined.  But what really tickled me, was when Chris came home and asked "where'd you get that, it's neat".  He was shocked when I told him I did it.  There are some flaws in it, but overall came out Awesome.  And now I'm inspired to do more crafting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment