Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Smitten

I'm sitting here and all I can think about are my two boys.  Yep, you caught me... I am 100% completely smitten with these two:


Kyler: you make me laugh with your funny ways of saying / doing things:
  • "no drink me" (when you don't want a drink)
  • "no bath me" (when you don't want a bath)
  • night-night me (when you want us to snuggle with you for nap or bed time)
  • my personal favorite how you say Momma or Daddy at the end of every sentence... Me: "did you have fun at school (daycare)"  You: "yes Momma"... Me: "did you play with your friends?" You: "yes Momma"... Daddy: "do you want to ride your monster truck"... You: "Yes Daddy"
  • You call your "brudder" Tolk... you swapped the K and T.. it's cute and now we catch ourselves calling Kolt / Tolk
  • your smile is contagious and makes me melt
  • you swap the "l" in eyelashes to a "w" eyewashes
  • right now you are at the Spiderman stage and when we call you Kyler you correct us that you're Spiderman and you wrap us in your web you wrist throw at us.. we can do it but you say "no not doing right"
  • when you see a semi you make the sounds of the air brakes .. it never gets old
  • yesterday when I went back to work after being off and home with you boys you told me "no work you Momma". I sure wish I didn't have to work honey, cause I'd love nothing more than to stay home with you boys
This is a picture of you telling me about your first day in your new big boy classroom "Dolphins".  I can't believe you will be 3 next week.  Where has the time gone?  I am very proud of you and LOVE you to where no words can describe how much.  You'll always be Mommy's "Boo Bear" and Daddy's "Squeezie".


Kolton: you complete me.  The smile in this picture says it all. 
  • You are such a happy content baby.  You have been THE BEST Surprise EVER!
  • You very rarely cry and if you do it doesn't last long at all...except the day I ate spicy food and it killed your stomach all that day..I'm sorry for that. It broke my heart that I made you go through that pain.
  • When I got home from work yesterday, you were asleep in the swing. I was giving Kyler some loving when you heard me and immediately woke up and started screaming. This was unlike you so I ran over to get you and as soon as I picked you up, you smiled at me and then sighed those ever so knee buckling cute baby sighs.  Yes, you have Mommy wrapped.. on all 10 fingers and toes. ;-D 
  • You sleep good. You go to bed around 10 and wake up once during the night. When you wake up you don't cry, instead you wake up cooing and laughing. It's the best. It makes getting up at 3 AM worth it just to see that smile or hear you laugh. 
  • When I brush your hair (yes what very little you have, I do brush) it tickles you and you giggle..so I keep brushing cause it makes me laugh watching you.
  • You are very alert and love watching your surroundings, taking everything in.  You've even started watching your brother's cartoons with him.  When he laughs, you laugh.
  • You only like to be in your bassinet when it's night time. You don't want to be in it during the daytime. For your day naps you either want to be held (shhh our secret, but Mommy prefers this one too) or to be in your bouncy seat.
  • You're not fond of bottles, this has been the most challenging thing this past week getting you ready for daycare. But even then it hasn't been hard as you don't cry, you just spit it out. The same with pacifiers.
  • When traveling in the car, you like to look at yourself in the mirror on your seat (the one so I can see you) and you'll talk and laugh at yourself.
  • You tolerate everything and anything your big brother does to you.. but let me put you on your tummy for tummy time and you would think I've taken food time away from  you or something.  You like to sleep on your belly but only if you are laying on your Daddy or My's chest or in your bassinet.
Tomorrow you go to your 2 month checkup. I'm dreading it as you will get your shots. But I'm looking forward to the next two days as I am off and will be getting tons of baby snuggle / cuddle time! I LOVE you to no end.  You will always be my "Tolk" and your Daddy's "Kolt 45".


I am one truly blessed girl that God chose ME to be both of you boys' Mommy.  Hugs, Love and Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment